Since 2004, Mandiant has been a trusted partner to security-conscious organizations. Effective security is based on the right combination of expertise, intelligence, and adaptive technology, and the Mandiant Advantage SaaS platform scales decades of frontline experience and industry-leading threat intelligence to deliver a range of dynamic cyber defense solutions.
Mandiant’s approach helps organizations develop more effective and efficient cyber security programs and instills confidence in their readiness to defend against and respond to cyber threats.
Directly supporting the Mandiant Validation division, The Managed Security Engineer is a senior multi-functional field engineering role, directly supporting our customers by managing their Security Instrumentation Platform (SIP).
This role will work with our clients to maintain the security solutions provided by the Security Research Architects, covering all aspects of cyber security. In this role, you will be a subject matter expert across the Mandiant Validation offering and change the way environments are secured and monitored.
What You Will Do:
- Act as a subject matter expert across the Mandiant Validation offering
- Delivering technical material and presentations to Executives
- Design countermeasures to counteract known & unknown vulnerabilities
- Travel to customer sites, help with enablement, accelerate the customer experience
- Build deep relationships to create Mandiant Validation advocates
- Identify recurring problems and automated solutions to help scale & expand
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge
- 5+ years of success in Cyber Security
- 5+ years experience working in red team, penetration testing or application security roles
- 2+ years experience with Python, Perl, Bash, Powershell or similar
- Deep Knowledge across multiple security technologies including: SIEM, NGFW, Proxy, IDS/IPS, DLP, EDR, A/V, WAF, Orchestration Solutions
- Strong background in Linux Administration
- Strong networking background
- Experience scripting and working with APIs (preferably Python and REST APIs)
- Experience consulting with enterprise organizations and building out enterprise architecture plans
- Experience utilizing threat intelligence to deliver on security solutions
- Administration experience with Enterprise Windows Environments
- Experience working in incident response or security operations
- Experience with cloud deployment environments (AWS/Azure/GCP)
- OSCP, OSWP or OSCE a plus
At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $85,000. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from Mandiant’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, Mandiant also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. Mandiant also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.