Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS) accelerates digital transformation so that customers can be more agile, efficient, resilient, and secure. The Zscaler Zero Trust Exchange is the company’s cloud-native platform that protects thousands of customers from cyberattacks and data loss by securely connecting users, devices, and applications in any location.
With more than 10 years of experience developing, operating, and scaling the cloud, Zscaler serves thousands of enterprise customers around the world, including 450 of the Forbes Global 2000 organizations. In addition to protecting customers from damaging threats, such as ransomware and data exfiltration, it helps them slash costs, reduce complexity, and improve the user experience by eliminating stacks of latency-creating gateway appliances.
Zscaler was founded in 2007 with a mission to make the cloud a safe place to do business and a more enjoyable experience for enterprise users. Zscaler’s purpose-built security platform puts a company’s defenses and controls where the connections occur—the internet—so that every connection is fast and secure, no matter how or where users connect or where their applications and workloads reside.
The Security Researcher will report to the Principal Security Researcher. This is a research position within the Engineering team that delivers cutting-edge threat detection innovation for ZScaler Active Defense(ZAD).
The ZAD research team is responsible for ideating and demonstrating new features, toolsets and workflows to enhance our ability to trap adversaries across the entire kill-chain using Active Defense principles.
The primary job role is to enhance our product and service offerings by developing innovative new use cases for threat detection and prevention. This position requires working closely with engineering and customers to test and integrate new capabilities.
ThreatLabZ is the security research arm of Zscaler. This world-class team is responsible for hunting new threats and ensuring that the 15 million users on the global Zscaler platform are always protected.
In addition to malware research and behavioral analysis, team members are involved in the research and development of new prototype modules for advanced threat protection on the Zscaler platform, and regularly conduct internal security audits to ensure that Zscaler products and infrastructure meet security compliance standards. ThreatLabZ regularly publishes in-depth analyses of new and emerging threats on its portal, research.zscaler.com.
Responsibilities/What You’ll Do
- Intricate understanding of how adversaries operate
- Intricate understanding of latest threats and vulnerabilities
- Must be intricately familiar with how Active Directory is leveraged in modern attacks
- Ability to articulate and PoC techniques in MITRE ATT&CK
- 1+ years of full kill-chain red teaming experience
- Hands on full kill-chain red teaming experience OR hands-on purple teaming experience to detect modern adversaries
- Strong Windows fundamentals in the context of adversary emulation for recon, privilege escalation, credential harvesting and lateral movement
- Programming experience in at least one of Python or C#
- Strong communication skills required
- Evidence of contributions to well-known open source security projects is a plus
- Evidence of presenting research at conferences like Null, BlackHat, DefCon, BruCON and the like are a huge plus
- Consulting background is a plus
- Evidence of maintaining research blogs is a plus
People who excel at Zscaler are smart, motivated and share our values. Ask yourself: Do you want to team with the best talent in the industry? Do you want to work on disruptive technology? Do you thrive in a fluid work environment? Do you appreciate a company culture that enables individual and group success and celebrates achievement? If you said yes, we’d love to talk to you about joining our award-winning team.
Additional information about Zscaler (NASDAQ: ZS ) is available at https://www.zscaler.com.
Zscaler is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.