Deloitte is a leading global provider of audit and assurance, consulting, financial advisory, risk advisory, tax and related services. Our global network of member firms and related entities in more than 150 countries and territories (collectively, the “Deloitte organization”) serves four out of five Fortune Global 500® companies. Learn how Deloitte’s approximately 345,000 people make an impact that matters at www2.deloitte.com.
Deloitte is dedicated to providing value added solutions to our clients. We take pride in our reputation for providing a globally consistent quality service, an integrated approach and world-class expertise. Deloitte is renowned for its innovative and collaborative culture, where talented people work closely with like-minded individuals to achieve collective success.
Deloitte East Africa provides seamless cross-border services to multinationals, large national enterprises, small and medium sized enterprises and the public sector, across three (3) countries in the region: Kenya, Uganda and Tanzania.
A career with Deloitte offers you the opportunity to engage with and work alongside leading corporations within the East African region, and an opportunity to start and grow your career within a dynamic and rewarding environment. You will get the support, coaching and training needed to advance your career in Kenya and within the East Africa market.
What impact will you make?
At Deloitte we have a clear purpose, to make an impact that matters to our clients, our colleagues and our communities while you thrive in a dynamic culture of inclusion, collaboration and high performance. From professional development to leadership opportunities and career advancement, we empower our people to be their very best – because that’s how you make an impact.
About the Department
The Risk, Independence & Legal function deals with any issues that potentially expose Deloitte to risk. The issues impacting the firm are varied and may include reputation, operational, litigation and regulatory risk.
Risk Management is about identifying and managing risks to the firm and it includes conducting checks necessary to ensure that the individual professionals act and make decisions that achieve the objectives of the firm, comply with professional and legal requirements and that they are ethical. The role of Risk & Independence is not only to make sure there is an effective compliance framework in place, but also to raise awareness of the issues involved and encourage consultation whenever questions or concerns arise.
We have an exciting opportunity for a dynamic individual to join our Internal Client Services Department – Risk, Independence & Legal team as a Senior Associate. This position will be based in our Nairobi office in Kenya.
The main purpose of the job
The incumbent will provide effective assistance in the execution of specific tasks in order to ensure the continued financial viability and integrity of the firm.
What you will do
- Ensure regular maintenance of the Independence and Quality Intranet site;
- Perform client acceptance analysis;
- Perform client and engagement acceptance testing/monitoring;
- Assist with monitoring of staff Risk & Independence E Learnings; and
- Perform regional and international conflict checks;
- A Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university with a minimum of Second Class, Upper division.
- At least two years relevant work experience will be an added advantage.
- Good analytical and organization skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Be a Kenyan citizen or eligible to work in Kenya.
- Experience in a professional services firm will be an added advantage.
Key Performance Areas
- Strategic Impact – Independently assists team to deliver services within defined strategic objectives. Operational effectiveness by providing the team with detailed reporting on status of deliverables on a regular basis.
- Development/ growth of team – Actively work to address identified technical skills.
- Budgets / Profitability – Effectively uses time, equipment and resources.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Good interpersonal and relationship building skills;
- Desire to develop self and others through coaching and mentorship;
- Strong client delivery focus;
- Adaptable, managing change and ambiguity with ease;
- Focus on quality and risk;
- Problem solving ability; and
- Good business acumen.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written;
- Strong analytical skills;
- Planning and organizational skills and ability to meet tight deadlines; and
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information.
Your role as a leader
At Deloitte we believe in the importance of leadership at all levels. We expect our people to embrace and live our purpose by challenging themselves to identify issues that are most important for our clients, our people, and for society and make an impact that matters.
Living our Purpose – Builds own understanding of our purpose and values; explores opportunities for impact.
Influence – Focuses on developing effective communication and relationship-building skills.
Performance drive – Understands expectations and demonstrates personal accountability for keeping performance on track.
Strategic direction – Seeks to understand how your daily work contributes to the priorities of the team and Deloitte Global.
Talent development – Demonstrate commitment to personal learning and development; understand own potential role as a brand ambassador.
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there is always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help build world-class skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world.
Deloitte opens the door to a career that can cross borders virtually and physically across the African continent and globally to gain experience and access projects beyond our borders. We value difference, and embrace people with diverse backgrounds, experiences, abilities and thinking styles.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. Every day, Deloitte people are making a real impact in the places they live and work. We pride ourselves on doing not only what is good for clients, but also what is good for our people and the communities in which we live and work—always striving to be an organization that is held up as a role model of quality, integrity, and positive change. Learn more about Deloitte’s impact on the world. #Makinganimpactthatmatters
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do research to know some background about our firm and the business area you are applying to.
Your details will be treated with confidentiality and will not be shared with any third party.
If you meet the above requirements, please visit our website and apply online: Deloitte East Africa Careers portal.
Closing date: 8 December 2021.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not ask individuals to pay any fees or money as part of the recruitment process. Women and Persons with Disabilities are encouraged to apply.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.