Mirantis helps organizations ship code faster on public and private clouds. The company provides a public cloud experience on any infrastructure from the data centre to the edge.
With Lens and the Mirantis Cloud-Native Platform, Mirantis empowers a new breed of Kubernetes developers by removing infrastructure and operations complexity and providing one cohesive cloud experience for complete app and DevOps portability, a single pane of glass, and automated full-stack lifecycle management with continuous updates.
Mirantis serves many of the world’s leading enterprises, including Adobe, DocuSign, Liberty Mutual, PayPal, Reliance Jio, Societe Generale, Splunk, and Volkswagen. Learn more at www.mirantis.com.
Mirantis is the leading global provider of Software and Services for hybrid cloud platforms.
We are looking for a talented Senior DevOps Engineer, who is willing to work on the intersection of IT and software engineering, be passionate about open-source and be able to design and deploy cloud infrastructure built on top of open-source components.
- Lead small DevOps team
- Actively contribute into roadmap and backlog items for DevOps team
- Plan and deploy infrastructure on top of AWS and OpenStack
- Migrate infrastructure services into K8s
- Continuously propose and implement solutions for infrastructure improvements
- Monitor and operate development/staging/production environments
- Perform technical demo and knowledge sharing sessions with customer
- Work with geographically distributed international teams on technical challenges and process improvements
- At least 5 years of practical administration experience in Linux (CentOS, Ubuntu) as a server platform. Required experience with Linux operating system itself as well as with production-level software and hardware.
- Practical experience of organization of highly available clusters
- Hands-on network administration experience. Clear understanding of L2, L3, L4, L7 layers of OSI model
- At least 2 years of practical experience in SaltStack or other IT automation tools (Puppet, Ansible, Chef) for medium and large environments with practical experience of formulas/manifests/playbooks creation
- At least 1 year of practical experience with Terraform: describe and maintain resources in a Cloud (any of AWS, GoogleCloud, OpenStack)
- Practical experience in building CI/CD pipelines in Jenkins
- Practical experience in application containerization: Docker, K8s, Helm
- Practical experience in Bash/Groovy/Python programming (at least one language)
- English language on an intermediate level
- Very good customer-facing communication skills
Will be a plus:
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot code written in Python and Java
- Knowledge of Apache Storm, Kafka, ZooKeeper, HDFS is a big plus
- Experience in onboarding applications to the cloud is a big plus
- Knowledge and experience of SDN solutions
- Experience in managing ELK stack
- Experience in managing Prometheus stack
- Work with an established Silicon Valley leader in the cloud infrastructure industry.
- Work with exceptionally passionate, talented and engaging colleagues, helping Fortune 500 and Global 2000 customers implement next-generation cloud technologies.
- Be a part of cutting-edge, open-source innovation.
- Thrive in the high-energy environment of a young company where openness, collaboration, risk-taking, and continuous growth are valued.
- Internship provides you with the opportunity to combine work and education.
- Professional development and training.
- Modern bright office, centrally located and close to public transportation.
- Customized workstation (macOS, Windows, Linux).
- Company outings, happy hours, hackathons, and tech talks.
- Receive a competitive compensation package with a strong benefits plan.
Mirantis ranked in the top 50 of G2’s Best IT Cloud Products of 2021!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.