Website ALS GROUP
ALS Head Office is looking for a dynamic and professional Senior Financial Clerk/Accountant. The clerk/accountant will be responsible for carrying out accounting and administrative duties such as the processing and payment preparation of vendor invoices, reconciliation of statements, following up on unpaid vendors, obtaining statements and invoices, and providing bookkeeping and clerical support to all financial functions.
- Ensure invoices are matched against requisitions, purchase orders and goods received notes with reference to quantities, quality, description and price.
- Ensure requisitions, purchase orders and invoices are properly authorized and are in accordance with the appropriate levels of authority.
- Ensure invoices related to contracts agree to the contract.
- Ensure the correct GL account & vendor account is utilised when processing invoices in Accounts Payable module.
- Ensure that the correct VAT is applied to invoices.
- Ensure AP batches are posted regularly.
- Preparation and submission of creditors’ reconciliations (ensure invoices follow sequence).
- Timeous payment of invoices, ensuring discount claimed where applicable.
- Timeous follow up on all AP queries.
- Forward remittance advices to suppliers after completion of payment run.
- File all invoices after payment run according to the agreed filing protocols.
- Prepare weekly analysis of the creditors list.
- Assist with balance sheet recons during the course of the month and the finalisation at month end.
- Assist in preparation of cost/profit centre reports, by maintaining and providing analytical Assist in the preparation of quarterly reports.
- Ensure audit deliverables are maintained according to the standard required by the auditors.
- Any ad-hoc duties which are assigned.
- Preparation of financial statements for audit and finance purposes.
- Preparation of cash flow projections.
- Interaction with SARS with regards to any discrepancies or queries.
- CIPC calculations and returns.
- E-Filing of monthly and annual returns.
- Completed BCom Accounting / Management Accounting (CIMA) / Financial Accounting
- Honors and/or completed articles advantageous
- 3+ years’ working experience
- Highly proficient in Excel (advanced skill level)
Knowledge and Work Ethic
- Computer literate: must be accurate and pay attention to details.
- Experience with Pastel Evolution advantageous.
- Proactive, organised and able to multitask and work well under pressure.
- Participative and able to work as part of the team.
- Professional in appearance.
- Clearly indicate on your CV that you are applying for the Senior Financial Clerk position.
- Please upload your CV when you apply for this position.
- Closing Date: 10 December 2021.
- Company may expire jobs at their own discretion.
- If you have not received a response within two weeks from the closing date, your application was most likely unsuccessful.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.