CREATOR OF WORLDS
Ubisoft’s 20,000 team members, working across more than 40 locations around the world, are bound by a common mission to enrich players’ lives with original and memorable gaming experiences. Their dedication and talent has brought to life many acclaimed franchises such as Assassin’s Creed, Far Cry, Watch Dogs, Just Dance, Rainbow Six, and many more to come.
Ubisoft is an equal opportunity employer that believes diverse backgrounds and perspectives are key to creating worlds where both players and teams can thrive and express themselves. If you are excited about solving game-changing challenges, cutting edge technologies and pushing the boundaries of entertainment, we invite you to join our journey and help us create the unknown.
Since opening its doors in 2008, Ubisoft Singapore has become the biggest AAA game development studio in Southeast Asia. The 500-strong studio is home to 35+ different nationalities focused on delivering ambitious gaming experiences to our players.
Ubisoft Singapore has been contributing to all the Assassin’s Creed® titles since Assassin’s Creed® II. It innovated within the franchise as the studio behind the naval battle gameplay and water technology in Assassin’s Creed® III, Assassin’s Creed® IV Black Flag® and most recently in Assassin’s Creed® Valhalla.
Its expertise in AAA and live operations, combined with a passion for naval gameplay, pushed the team to lead the development of Skull and Bones™ revealed at E3 in 2017.
YOUR DAILY ADVENTURE
As a Senior Level Designer, you will create the game levels and/or implement the gameplay situations based on the creative vision.
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- Conceptualize, design, script, direct, and build levels for video game products;
- Design and implement areas of the game including layout, character placement, and other gameplay related entities;
- Collaborate with Creative Director and Lead Designers to contribute innovative ideas towards all aspects of level design;
- Collaborate with other Level Designers to define and refine level designs to create an extremely fun, satisfying, and polished level design flow;
- Actively participate in and / or lead design specific discussions concerning design reviews and design issues;
- Create design documentation based on the direction from the Creative Director and Lead Designers;
- Collaborate with the engineering team to develop and enhance the development of tools and processes used in laying out environments;
- Work closely with the art department to conceive and design environments that are innovative and visually impressive;
- Share knowledge and mentor junior designers;
- Motivate and inspire others to generate new ideas;
- Keep up to date on current gaming trends and latest technology;
- Any other ad-hoc duties, if necessary.
WHAT YOU’LL BRING
- Ability to design creative and interesting game levels utilizing 3D tools (UnrealEd, Maya, Max, Hammer, Radiant or similar 3D editor);
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of level design principles;
- Must possess a full understanding of the relationship between gameplay elements within the level and the overall game as well as all the ways a player can respond to each gameplay element;
- Passion for games and game development;
- Deep knowledge of the adventure / shooter / open world game genre and the game development process;
- Ability to effectively communicate within a large group project environment;
- Solid knowledge of the game production pipeline;
- Ability to apply critical thinking and analytical skills to resolve complex issues;
- Ability to meet deadlines designated for team projects;
- Ability to conceptualize exciting level designs that will be satisfying to the player;
- Ability to learn new tools quickly;
- Some artistic background, formal or otherwise, 2D or 3D, is a plus;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Positive attitude, strong work ethic, and the ability to work in a highly collaborative team environment.
WHAT YOU’LL ENJOY
Check out our list of perks and benefits here: https://www.ubisoftsingapore.com/
JOIN THE SQUAD
Making games is serious business, but it’s very important for us to have fun while creating awesome worlds so that we can convey the same sense of joy to millions of players in the world.
Come on board and experience #LifeAtUbi for yourself, we are always on the lookout for talents who thrive in bringing their A-game to work. If this sounds like you, shoot us your resume, portfolio, and anything else to show that you’re serious about fun!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.