SGS is the world’s leading inspection, verification, testing and certification company. SGS is recognized as the global benchmark for quality and integrity. With more than 89,000 employees, SGS operates a network of over 2,600 offices and laboratories around the world.
The Benefits Operations Senior Manager assists in the development, implementation, ongoing administration, and process documentation of SGS US benefits programs, policies, and procedures. As a skilled collaborator, he/she manages partnerships with vendors, internal stakeholders, and outside consultants to achieve results; while ensuring programs comply with legal requirements and are cost effective. This person is a strong communicator, able to clearly consult with employees, HR Business Partners, Third Party Administrators and Consultants on benefits related issues. Develops and manages benefit processes for accuracy and efficiency.
- Manages the daily processes of various employee benefit plans including Pension, health, life, disability insurance; 401(k) plan; leave of absence; FSA’s; supplemental benefits; and other ancillary benefits. Assists in planning and strategy for benefit programs and responsible for implementation and administration of new benefit plans.
- Oversees the accurate and timely processing of monthly billings and preparation of requests for payment of fees for all group plans. Oversees monthly file transmissions to third party administrators, ensuring accuracy of data loads. Oversees monthly reconciliation of all plans.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations to revise internal processes to reduce costs and increase efficiency. Recommends and advises on benefit enhancements and changes.
- Assures company compliance with all laws and regulations pertaining to pension, group health and welfare plans including ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA, etc. Reviews and analyzes changes to state and federal laws pertaining to benefits and reports necessary or suggested changes to Sr. Director of Benefits.
- Ensures the effective operation of the team through process improvement and coordination of processes across functions.
- Collaborates with HR team to provide strategic management of the SGS US overall benefits package.
- Participates in benefit surveys. Evaluates existing benefit programs against peer organizations to determine competitiveness, trends, and developments.
- Manages a variety of outsourced vendor relationships, assists in negotiating contracts, establishing service level agreements, and holding vendors accountable to them; and optimizing their services to the employees.
- Investigates benefit issues and provides recommendations for resolution of non-routine situations.
- Interprets and communicates benefits related policies and procedures.
- Assist in preparation of benefits forecast and benefits budget.
- Adheres to internal standards, policies, and procedures.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources, Business or in a related field
15+ years of experience in Benefits administration
3-5 years of pension experience
5+ years of supervisory experience
Education and experience outlined above in combination with the following:
HR generalist experience
3+ years of experience utilizing ADP
Preferred: Certified Employee Benefits Specialist (CEBS), or Certified Benefits Professional (CBP), or Professional in Human Resources (PHR) certifications
KNOWLEDGE/ SKILLS/ ABILITIES
- Computer Skills:
- Excel – Intermediate user proficiency required (ability to perform VLOOKUP and Pivot)
- ADP – Intermediate user proficiency required
- MS Word and PowerPoint – Intermediate user proficiency required
- Extensive knowledge of benefit plans, benefit operations and benefit programs.
- Extensive experience implementing major plan changes including use of change management approaches and techniques.
- Knowledge of benefit plan principles, COBRA, ERISA, HIPAA, FMLA and other federal/state regulations related to benefits.
- Initiative to stay apprised of regulatory changes and the ability to translate plan documents clearly – to communicate to HRMs, employees and others as required.
- Knowledge of benefits contract language
- Excellent analytical, reasoning, and problem-solving skills
- Excellent time/project management and organizational skills
- Extraordinary verbal and written communication, and interpersonal skills
- Highly focused attention to detail
- Able to take initiative, effective at prioritizing multiple projects, and comfortable working in a deadline-oriented environment.
- Analytical thinker with strong financial and quantitative skills to conduct research, analyze data and solve complex problems through fact-based decision making. Ability to effectively manage a team of subordinate employees
- Ability to translate the needs of the core business function into people solutions
- Travel is minimal. Travels up to 5% of time.
SGS is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and as such we recruit, hire, train, and promote persons in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics, status as a protected veteran, or any other characteristics protected by law.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily with or without reasonable accommodations. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities required.
This job description should not be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements, but a general description of the job. Nothing contained herein restricts the company’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
If you are applying for a position within the United States and you have difficulty completing the on-line employment application because of a disability, please call 201-508-3149 for assistance and leave a message. You will receive a call back. Please note, this phone number is not for general employment information, but is only for individuals who are experiencing difficulty applying for a position due to a disability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.