Website MOVING PICTURE COMPANY
The Moving Picture Company (MPC) is a global creative studio with a single goal: to create experiences that move people. With decades of storytelling experience, we are perpetually pushing the limits of what is technologically and artistically possible to tell visually stunning stories.
MPC continues to lead in an ever-evolving industry, building authentic and long-lasting connections with audiences across all channels.
As a Senior Real-time Developer, you will lead the development and pipeline integration of Unreal Engine and be responsible for ensuring the smooth running of the tools, software and workflows for real-time engines used on our award-winning VFX shows in both our offline render and real-time render pipelines.
You will be providing technical support and assistance to artists, as well as developing new tools and scripts – predominantly in C++, Blueprints and Python – to meet the specific show requirements.
Our talented developers demonstrate an aptitude for creative problem-solving. You will be regularly asked to:
- Contribute to the development and constant improvement of the Technicolor pipeline
- Collaborate with other software developers, artists, and senior production supervisors to develop specific new real-time engine C++, Blueprints or Python tools and workflows
- Provide technical advice and support for artists
- Ensure requests for new tools are connected with company strategy
As well as being able to demonstrate technical skill and initiative, you will need to be an excellent communicator. Your ability to accurately and succinctly communicate between technical developers and non-technical artists will help you thrive in this role.
Above all, you will be at the centre of some of the most exciting virtual production, VFX and animation work on projects ranging from big TV commercials to short films, working with some of the most talented individuals in the industry. You will be in a fantastic position to develop your skills as a tool developer in a creative, collaborative, show-facing environment.
- Excellent C++, Python, and technical Windows and Linux skills
- Experience with Unreal Engine, Blueprint and working in distributed Unreal based systems.
- Familiarity with content production workflows for integration in Unreal Engine projects
- A degree in Computer Science, Computer Graphics or other related field or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with source control systems such as Perforce and team development
Nice to have:
- Familiarity with Unity
- Experience in developing tools for DCC packages such as Houdini, Maya, Blender, etc.
- Previous experience in games, themed entertainment or visual effects or a related industry
- Solid understanding of visual effects pipelines
Please click here to review our privacy notices for job applicants.
If you require assistance applying, please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org and we’ll be happy to assist.
TECHNICOLOR IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
Technicolor complies and prohibits against discrimination on the basis of race, religion, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, medical condition (including genetic characteristics), mental and/or physical disability or handicap, marital status, sex, age, veteran status, citizenship status, sexual orientation, gender identity, political party preference, political belief, socioeconomic status, familial status, registered domestic partner status, military service, pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions and any other characteristic or activity protected by federal, state/provincial or local law.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.