PALO ALTO NETWORKS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We’re seeking innovators – engineers who seek to design new products, designing state-of-the-art products that do not exist today. These engineers love to code with a drive to build global products and bring new ideas to develop security disciplines to solve real-world problems. We are looking for leaders who take ownership of their areas of focus and who are driven to pursue problems at every level. Collaboration is at the heart of our culture and we need engineers who can communicate at a high level and work well with cross functional teams towards achieving a common goal.
As a member of the software group at Palo Alto Networks, you will participate in the design and development of our Next-Generation Firewall Platforms. As a Software Engineer, you will be expected to participate in all phases of the product development cycle, from definition, design, through implementation and test. This includes developing functional specifications, assessing task requirements and scheduling, and participating in system level up, debug, and, support. This is a job for an individual who wants to solve problems that haven’t already been solved – something who seeks a challenge and thrives in ambiguity. Your ambitious spirit enjoys facing undefined adversaries and the evolution of the cybersecurity.
- As a Data Pipeline Engineer, you will be an integral member of our Artificial Intelligence & Analytics team responsible for design and development
- Build Big Data and batch/real time analytical solutions leveraging transformational technologies
- Help build the technical foundations of our Data Ingestion and Engineering team
- Be constantly challenged by tough engineering and design tasks
- Build in-bound and out-bound integration from various applications with our data-lake
- Build data profiling and ETL jobs using heterogeneous sources
- Partner with data analyst, product owners and data scientists, to better understand requirements, finding bottlenecks, resolutions, etc.
- Design and develop different architectural models for our scalable data processing and profiling and create certified feature sets to be consumed by our data science team
- Create complex integrations, between data governance platform and Google BigQuery, Salesforce etc.
- Enable users to access enterprise wide data definitions and business glossary using REST API services
- Have basic level of expertise in the areas of data governance, data quality, MDM, information management, metadata management and information exchange
- You will have the ability to research and assess open source technologies and components to recommend and integrate into the design and implementation
- You will also have opportunity to work closely with our data science team and work on various business critical predictive use-cases
- 3+ year of experience with Big Data technologies
- BS in Computer Science or relevant experience
- Strong knowledge of programming either in JAVA or python (data structure and algorithms is a plus)
- Strong Experience with Standard SQL
- Basic understanding of SPARK jobs
- Experience in working with REST/SOAP API services
- Experience in big data open source products like Apache Kafka, Confluent Centralized Schema Registry, etc.
- Bonus Points for previous experience with Google Cloud Platform (Bigquery, Dataproc, Composer, GKE)
- Bonus points for previous experience with Data Governance and Data Quality tracking processes/systems and tools, such as Collibra
- Understanding of data governance and data profiling concepts
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment and manage multiple simultaneous priorities
- Effective problem solving and analytical skills
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Disclosure required by sb19-085 (8-5-20) of the minimum compensation (includes on-target earnings = base + on target incentives for sales roles) for this role to be located in the state of Colorado. If hired in Colorado, this position starts at $106,500/yr. Depending on the position offered, restricted stock units and incentive or bonus pay may be provided as part of this compensation package. Additional benefits may be found here.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.