Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion or ethnicity.
We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and business.
Freshworks makes it fast and easy for businesses to delight their customers and employees. More than 50,000 companies use Freshworks SaaS to enable a better customer experience (CX, CRM) and employee experience (ITSM, HRSM). Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks has a dedicated global team operating from 13 locations to serve our customers throughout the world.
Freshworks has received numerous accolades ranking #16 on the prestigious Forbes Cloud 100 and #22 on the Battery Ventures/Glassdoor Best Places to Work lists.
- The engineer will be part of the Core DataBase as a Service team.
- Build features for the Hosted DB (MySQL or Redis or NoSQL) framework & help build and scale Freshworks applications and services.
- Ensure availability, observability and reliability of DBaaS while optimizing performance of Freshworks applications and services.
- Automate the hosted DB infrastructure, workflows and create self-service tools.
- Should be willing to work as on-call support whenever needed.
- Analyze solutions and help implement engineering best practices.
- Lead and mentor junior engineers on technical issues. Perform blameless RCAs when issues occur and take ownership to resolve issues.
- Collaborate with DBAs , application teams, and partners of Freshworks
- Mentor younger engineers.
- Should have 4-7 years of experience in software design, development and understanding of the architecture.
- A self-starter with exposure to building and scaling large-scale performance services in a distributed production environment
- Proven ability to work with multiple teams, multi-tasking and prioritising.
- Strong programming and debugging skills with sound understanding of data structures, algorithms, and object oriented programming
- Have strong experience with at least one of Ruby/Python/Java/GoLang/C/C++.
- Should have good working knowledge of one of the cloud platforms (AWS/GCP/Azure)
- Experience of working on MySQL or NoSQL or Redis.
- Experience on Infrastructure automation (Terraform/Ansible) and in tools like Rundeck, ProxySQL, Orchestrator is a plus.
- Good technical and working knowledge of Linux environment (file systems, crons, shell scripting, debugging tools, etc.).
- Should be a good Team player and fast learner.
Note: A DBRE facilitates the delivery of reliable database platforms, in collaboration with the entire organization (business, pm, dev) through common, repeatable tools and processes.
– Dan Carollo
At Freshworks, we are creating a global workplace that enables everyone to find their true potential, purpose, and passion irrespective of their background, gender, race, sexual orientation, religion and ethnicity. We are committed to providing equal opportunity for all and believe that diversity in the workplace creates a more vibrant, richer work environment that advances the goals of our employees, communities and the business.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.