Website PORTONICS LIMITED
Portonics is a team of technology consultants that specialize in application design, software & mobile application development. Our goal is to help clients understand and make full use of digital technology that can heighten brand awareness and lead to better business.
We are a diverse team of engineers, analysts, solution architects working on the latest technologies, and running a wide range of projects from business-critical applications to high traffic applications.
We build and manage in-house, client products and end-to-end services locally and globally. Services include server management, software management, networking, development, deployments, and information security.
We are an agile team who are very passionate about what we build. We design solutions to reduce/automate operations. Along with building custom solutions, we leverage open source technologies. Our teams build, manage, automate monitoring systems, alerting and deployments.
As a digital transformation team, we are big on Dev, DevOps culture, and collaboration.
ABOUT THIS POSITION
We are searching for a brilliant, iOS Developer to create novel apps that meet the needs of our clients and the end-users. To this end, the iOS Developer’s responsibilities include writing and proofreading code, liaising with team members within and outside of their department, and monitoring client’ feedback. Over time, you will also be required to create app updates.
To ensure success as an iOS Developer, you should demonstrate proficiency in one of the mainstream programming languages, and a sound understanding of the traditional product life cycle. An exceptional iOS Developer will be fearless but respectful in the pursuit of excellence, continually striving to shape the ways in which iOS apps impact the world around us.
If you have the ability to learn and adapt to new technologies quickly then the below applies to you:
- Design and build advanced applications for the iOS platforms;
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to define, design, and ship new features;
- Unit-test code for robustness, including edge cases, usability, and general reliability;
- Work on improving application performance;
- Continuously discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency;
- Track potentially disruptive technologies related to mobile development and lead the strategic response;
- Advanced Applications include triggering Device API’s such as TouchID, Address Book, GPS, and more;
- Participate in end to end product life cycle: confirming requirements, solution design, development, testing, and implementation;
- Work with team members to design solutions that are supported by the architecture of the existing systems;
- Conduct code reviews;
- Design architecture for projects or solutions that address business/ application/ information/ infrastructure application, data and/or process integration requirements;
- Resolve complex technical issues and drive innovation;
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field; with 3+ years industry experience including iOS development, team management, or equivalent combination of education, training, and experience;
- Experience on the entire app life-cycle: concept, design, build, deploy, test and release to the app store;
- Knowledge to ensure the performance, quality, and responsiveness of applications;
- Understanding of Apple’s design principles and interface guidelines;
- An eye for good UI/UX design;
- Experience in Designing and maintaining Reusable, Testable, and Efficient code;
- Strong experience and knowledge of Design and Architectural patterns and knows when to apply them;
- Proficiency in OOP, Reactive Programming;
- Strong problem solving and debugging skills;
- Experience with dependency managers such as CocoaPods and Package Dependency;
- Familiarity with RESTful APIs to connect applications to back-end services;
- Work experience using Bitbucket, GitHub, or similar version control tools and services
- Familiarity with 3rd Party Libraries like Alamofire, Firebase etc
Good to have:
- Good experience with SwiftUI;
- Knowledge to use CI / CD tools and services such as Jenkins, CircleCI etc.
- Cross-platform development experience;
- Communication is extremely important; our engineers work across every team in the organization. Candidates need to be able to communicate not only with other developers but also with management, non-tech team members & external parties.
- Someone who will take ownership of a feature or application from initial conception through release while also assisting others when the need arises.
- Have an understanding of virtualization and containerization as a tool for growing scalability, reliability, and expediency.
- Ability to learn and teach new technologies and skills as new technology is introduced.
- Sound mature judgment and decision-making ability.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- We are looking for honest, dedicated and responsible individuals.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.