Square builds common business tools in unconventional ways so more people can start, run, and grow their businesses. When Square started, it was difficult and expensive (or just plain impossible) for some businesses to take credit cards.
Square made credit card payments possible for all by turning a mobile phone into a credit card reader. Since then Square has been building an entire business toolkit of both hardware and software products including Square Capital, Square Terminal, Square Payroll, and more.
We’re working to find new and better ways to help businesses succeed on their own terms—and we’re looking for people like you to help shape tomorrow at Square.
The Square Security team works with other teams at Square to build world-class products for both customers and employees. Our ultimate goal is to ensure that every single experience with Square is simple, secure, and safe.
Square’s Cryptographic Identity and Secrets Management engineering team is responsible for some of the company’s most critical, high-SLA systems. Our software protects our customers’ most sensitive data. Our purpose is to identify our ecosystem’s security needs, and to meet those needs in a central and scalable way.
- Design, implement, and maintain security-oriented software that makes it easier for non-security engineers to build secure products.
- Own the delivery and success of critical payments security, secure storage, service identity, and PKI services.
- Collaborate with many teams and functions across Square to make technical, design, strategy, and product decisions.
- Act as an internal security subject matter expert, advocating for better security practices throughout Square.
- Grow your career in an engaged and innovative engineering community that ships amazing products.
- Work in any Square office location, or work remotely in the USA or Canada. Occasional travel may be required.
Some of the technologies we use and teach:
- Java & Go
- AWS/GCP/Square-owned datacenter
- Service Mesh, Envoy
- Lambda, Kubernetes, Docker
We’re active contributors to open-source! Some of the projects we developed or maintain include:
- Keywhiz: a secrets distribution service and its client Keysync.
- Sharkey: a service for managing certificates for use by OpenSSH.
- Ghostunnel: TLS proxy with mutual authentication for securing non-TLS services.
- Certigo: A utility to examine and validate certificates in a variety of formats
- Certstrap: Tools to bootstrap CAs, certificate requests, and signed certificates.
We’re working to build a more inclusive economy where our customers have equal access to opportunity, and we strive to live by these same values in building our workplace. Square is a proud equal opportunity employer. We work hard to evaluate all employees and job applicants consistently, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, disability, pregnancy, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other legally protected class.
We believe in being fair, and are committed to an inclusive interview experience, including providing reasonable accommodations to disabled applicants throughout the recruitment process. We encourage applicants to share any needed accommodations with their recruiter, who will treat these requests as confidentially as possible.
Additionally, we consider qualified applicants with criminal histories for employment on our team, and always assess candidates on an individualized basis.
At Square, we want you to be well and thrive. Our global benefits package includes:
- Healthcare coverage
- Retirement Plans
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Wellness perks
- Paid parental leave
- Paid time off
- Learning and Development resources
Square, Inc. (NYSE: SQ) builds tools to empower businesses and individuals to participate in the economy. Sellers use Square to reach buyers online and in person, manage their business, and access financing. Individuals use Cash App to spend, send, store, and invest money. And TIDAL is a global music and entertainment platform that expands Square’s purpose of economic empowerment to artists. Square, Inc. has offices in the United States, Canada, Japan, Australia, Ireland, Spain, Norway, and the UK.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.