Eurofins Scientific is an international life sciences company, providing a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries, to make life and our environment safer, healthier and more sustainable. From the food you eat, to the water you drink, to the medicines you rely on, Eurofins works with the biggest companies in the world to ensure the products they supply are safe, their ingredients are authentic and labelling is accurate.
Eurofins is the global leader in food, environment, pharmaceutical and cosmetic product testing and in agroscience Contract Research Organisation services. Eurofins is one of the market leaders in certain testing and laboratory services for genomics, discovery pharmacology, forensics, advanced material sciences and in the support of clinical studies, as well as having an emerging global presence in Contract Development and Manufacturing Organisations. The Group also has a rapidly developing presence in highly specialised and molecular clinical diagnostic testing and in-vitro diagnostic products.
In over just 30 years, Eurofins has grown from one laboratory in Nantes, France to 55,000 staff across a decentralised and entrepreneurial network of 900 laboratories in over 50 countries. Eurofins offers a portfolio of over 200,000 analytical methods to evaluate the safety, identity, composition, authenticity, origin, traceability and purity of biological substances and products.
In 2020, Eurofins generated total revenues of EUR € 5.4 billion, and has been among the best performing stocks in Europe over the past 20 years.
- Assist tax department on a full spectrum of corporate tax services, including planning, research, and compliance
- Assist tax department on the tax impact of various corporate strategies and special projects
- Research tax laws and advise tax department on the impact of new laws on tax liabilities
- Coordinate outsourced tax preparation work and assist with preparing, reviewing, and filing tax returns in a timely manner, including year-end tax provision and accruals
- Prepare the necessary supporting schedules for the federal and state income tax returns
- Coordinate audits by various taxation authorities
- Determine the required estimated tax payments for federal and state taxes and submit electronic payments to the taxing authorities
- Work with staff to accurately and timely report sales and use tax payments
- Independently perform internal audits of sales/use tax withholding
- Assure payment amounts are sufficient to avoid penalties and comply with all filing deadlines
- Implement and maintain controls within the tax function
- Other duties as assigned
The ideal candidate would possess :
- Understanding of US tax code and technical aspects of tax preparation and compliance
- Proficient knowledge in ASC 740 calculations
- Multi-state tax experience is a plus
- Proven ability to support all aspects of a large portfolio of tax audits in the income, sales/use, and franchise tax arenas
- Ability to communicate complex tax issues in clear terms to non-financial personnel
- Working knowledge of State income/franchise tax for multi-state filers
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team, self-motivation, adaptability, and a positive attitude
- Strong analytical, time management, attention to detail, organization and communication skills
Basic Minimum Qualifications :
- BS degree in Accounting and/or MS in Taxation
- Experience in corporate and/or LLC tax, preferred experience in public accounting firms
- CPA certification strongly preferred
- Authorization to work in the United States indefinitely without restriction or sponsorship
Position is full-time, Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm, with overtime, as needed. Candidates currently living within a commutable distance of Lancaster PA are encouraged to apply. This is a Hybrid position that would require a minimum of 2 days in the office.
- Excellent full time benefits including comprehensive medical coverage, dental, and vision options
- Life and disability insurance
- 401(k) with company match
- Paid vacation and holidays
Eurofins is a M/F, Disabled, and Veteran Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.