OUTsurance is a customer-centric financial services company with a global footprint. We are vibrant, successful and values orientated with an awesome dynamic culture encapsulated by the ethos that clients and staff “always get something OUT.” Our success can be attributed, amongst other things, to the outstanding people that work for us.
Do you want to be a key part of building the next generation of web and mobile-based insurance apps and platforms? Do you love deeply understanding a user problem and finding a solution that they say ‘just works’? Come and join us as a Senior UI designer at OUTsurance and help us build amazing user experiences for our staff and customers.
- 4+ years of experience in UI or design-related field – specifically web and mobile app.
- Strong portfolio showcasing your UI thinking and capabilities.
- Strong visual design skills.
- Using Figma to design and Adobe Creative Suite specifically Photoshop and Illustrator to create iconography and edit photographic imagery related to the OUTsurance brand.
Responsibilities not limited to the below:
- Translate wireframes into meaningful designs that can be consumed by user and in turn provide logical and helpful user experiences.
- Facilitate discussions around visual designs with stakeholders in an iterative manner and therefore improve them to facilitate discussions and improvements.
- Taking the wireframes into visual design while working with existing design system constraints and finding creative solutions to interaction problems that balance the needs of business with the current technology stack while not compromising on the user experience.
- Strong ability to advocate for the end-user in discussions with business and technical teams
- Establishing, maintaining, designing and updating the design guidelines, components, best practices and standards for the internal system.
- Ability to be well-versed in the industry best practices and standards.
The ideal candidate should possess the following competencies:
- You must be comfortable translating wireframes into designs on a daily basis as that will be the core of your work.
- You are receptive to constructive criticism, is adaptable and collaborative.
- You can communicate and articulate your thoughts and ideas clearly.
- You are a team player and can work in a team environment with a collaborative spirit.
- You engage with fellow team members, offering ideas and assist where required.
- You are comfortable working autonomously , don’t require micromanagement and is self-motivated.
- You take initiative and drive change.
- You have a user-centric mindset and are dedicated to solving problems.
- You can work under pressure and tight deadlines.
- You have an analytical brain, pay attention to detail and take pride in the work you deliver.
- You are not uncomfortable with ambiguity.
- Related qualification
An ideal candidate will be able to align their personal work values to the OUTsurance values of Awesome Service, Passionate, Recognition, Honest, Human and Dynamic. Enthusiastic in dealing with challenges in a stressful, deadline orientated environment is essential.
In accordance with OUTsurance Insurance Company Ltd Employment Equity goals, preference will be given to individuals who meet the job requirements and are from the various designated groups.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.