Website ASC Connections Ltd
Are you an experienced service engineer looking to join a more established brand of EDM machinery? Fed up of working ridiculously long hours and weeks away from home? Perhaps you’re looking for a company that offers brand new hybrid vehicles?
A global manufacturer and supplier of EDM machinery, this business provide installation, commissioning, service, and breakdown of their equipment. They have a strong network of service engineers across the UK, along with technical support staff who are office-based. They have a head office here in the UK for equipment modification, refurbishment and distribution, as well as a global headquarters where the equipment are built.
Responsibilities for the service engineer include –
- Breakdown repairs and maintenance on EDM and special-purpose machinery
- Routine service and inspections, as well as fault finding
- Carrying out both mechanical and electrical repairs to machinery including control panels
- Installation and commissioning of machinery on site
- Providing end-user training and customer support both remotely and on site
- Travel from home to site covering a region of West & East Midlands, but be prepared to travel nationally when installation & commissioning projects are required.
The business really promotes a solid work/life balance too, their engineers work an average of 40hrs per week. If an engineer travels nationally or spends a night away from home, they bank any additional hours worked and take it off at the end of the week or into the following week.
Product training is provided during the probationary period, from both job shadowing and from their technical support team.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience and skills in –
– Previously a Service Engineer, Service Technician, or CNC Engineer
– Multi-skilled in electrical and mechanical
– Strong working knowledge of EDM machinery
– Good knowledge of fault-finding, electrical and mechanical repairs
– Willingness to travel nationally, and be prepared to stay overnight if required
– Clean driving license
Benefits include an excellent base salary of £40 – £45K, brand new hybrid company car, discretionary bonus at the end of the year, mobile phone & laptop, 33 days holiday, private pension, and private healthcare
ASC Connections Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. We are committed to equal opportunity and diversity.
To apply for this job please visit www.totaljobs.com.