ATLANTIC HOUSING FOUNDATION
About Atlantic Housing Foundation:
Atlantic Housing Foundation (AHF), Inc. is a 501(c)3 not-for-profit affordable housing provider. Founded in 1999, we currently own and operate over 10,000 units of multifamily properties in 6 states and 37 cities. In addition to HUD HAP and LIHTC properties, Atlantic Housing owns and operates affordable housing, mixed-income multifamily assets, student housing and senior housing.
The mission of Atlantic Housing Foundation, Inc. is to promote and preserve quality affordable housing and related services for low and moderate income families, helping residents improve their lives. We will do this in a manner that will foster the continuous improvement of our people and our company. We strive to be a top performing, thoroughly professional and genuinely caring organization in all that we do. As an organization, we aspire to and believe in – Making a difference.
Why Should You Apply?
- You believe in the AHF mission and core values
- You are the best at what you do
- You meet the qualifications below
- Paid every two weeks
- Educational Reimbursement
- Opportunities for upward mobility
- 12 Paid Company Holidays
- 16 hours of Learning Time Off annually
- 32 hours of Volunteer Time Off annually
- Competitive Paid Time Off accrual
- This role is eligible for overtime
- Rent discount if living on-site
- Multiple health care insurance plans that cover medical, dental, prescription, vision, employer HSA contributions, and supplemental health insurance
- Competitive 401(k) Program with employer matching contributions
About the Service Technician role:
The Service Technician is responsible for assisting with overseeing the physical property, general maintenance repairs, preventative maintenance, and construction or rehabilitation projects for the apartment community. He or she will handle grounds keeping, onsite amenities upkeep, and will be required to respond to on-call/after hour emergencies. The Service Technician is also responsible for make-ready process in a manner consistent with the property’s operational objectives under the supervision of the Lead Service Technician (indirectly) and Community Manager (directly). Additionally, he or she is responsible for adhering to federal, state and local laws pertaining to Fair Housing and OSHA regulations.
This job description should not be considered all-inclusive. It is merely a guide of expected duties. The employee understands that the job description is neither complete, nor permanent and may be modified at any time. At the request of their supervisor, an employee may be asked to perform additional duties or take on additional responsibilities.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent (required)
- 2+ years of multi-family maintenance experience or at least 2+ years of commercial maintenance experience (preferred)
- EPA Sec 608 Certification – either a Type I (small appliances) plus Type II (AC’s), or Type Universal (required)
- Familiar with plumbing repairs, tile work, HVAC equipment, appliances, carpentry repairs, electrical repairs and all facets of apartment make-ready.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver’s license and be able to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to stand and/or sit for long periods of time, as well as move through the community and maneuver around equipment, climb ladders for repairs, etc.
- Must be willing to be on-call.
- Must be able to climb up and down a ladder.
- Ability to effectively communicate with tenants and property staff.
- Ability to lift and carry objects weighing 50 pounds or more.
- Ability to work occasionally in poor weather conditions, including heat, cold, rain, or snow.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.