Checkpoint Systems, a division of CCL Industries, is a global leader in merchandise availability solutions for B2B and B2C retailers, encompassing loss prevention, merchandise visibility and IoT product ecosystems that work in concert to drive profitability and enhance the customer experience.
Checkpoint Systems provides end-to-end solutions enabling retailers to achieve accurate real-time inventory, accelerate the replenishment cycle, prevent out-of-stocks and reduce theft, thus improving merchandise availability and the shopper’s experience.
Our intelligent retail solutions are built upon 50 years of radio frequency technology expertise, innovative high-theft and loss-prevention solutions, market-leading RFID hardware, software, cloud-based SaaS, and customizable labeling and EAS antennas capabilities, to brand, secure and track merchandise from source to shelf.
Our customers include many of today’s top brick and click retailers, offering an array of customizable solutions for Drug, Supermarket, Apparel, Electronics, General Merchandise and Big Box stores. Global headquarters is located in Thorofare, NJ, and features a state-of-the-art Customer Experience Center, showcasing Intelligent Retail Store solutions.
Checkpoint Systems operates in every major geographic market and employs over 4,000 people worldwide. We offer a competitive compensation package and comprehensive benefits package that includes life, health, dental and vision, 401(k), flexible spending accounts and tuition reimbursement.
We care about our people as they are the key to our success. We also provide an open and friendly work environment where we empower people with opportunities to collaborate with global teams, launch innovative products, and grow professionally with a dynamic organization.
EEO AAP Employer/Vet/Disabled
Drug Free Workplace
The Shipping & Receiving Associate is responsible for handling & processing inbound & outbound shipments from the Thorofare Distribution Center. This includes picking, packing, loading, and offloading domestic and international shipments with all carrier modes. In addition, the shipping & receiving associate will coordinate with internal business units and carriers as needed.
- Process Inbound Shipments & Returns
- Schedule delivery appointments as needed
- Verify items, quantities, and condition for accuracy
- Unload, receive in ERP, accurately move all received items to proper inventory location or department
- Process Outbound Shipments
- Schedule pickups and prepare all required documentation (domestic & international)
- Process outbound shipments in customer portals & coordinate with customer carriers
- Pick items against pick list or manual request & audit for accuracy
- Scan barcodes, serial #, or RFID labels as required
- Pack, wrap, and label items appropriately for shipment
- Load shipments on trucks/containers & process in ERP
- Communicate shipment status & requirements with internal teams
- Move & relocate warehouse stock as needed
- Handle material for recycling – bundle cardboard, sort electronics, or other requirements
- Operate warehouse equipment – forklifts, pallet jacks, stretch wrap machine, etc. following all safety guidelines
- Participate in physical inventory count & perform cycle counts
- Monitor access by local employees and vendors in the shipping and workstation areas
- Meet all safety requirements with 0 incidents
- Support/Backup other warehouse functions as needed
- High School Diploma or GED equivalent
- Three (3) years’ experience shipping all types of parcel, LTL, TL, and international shipments
- Experience in Warehouse Operations
- Computer proficiency, including data entry & shipping software
- Forklift operation
- Prefer Work experience in a facility utilizing Warehouse Management System (ERP/SAP)
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Basic MS Office & SAP (or other ERP) knowledge required
- Forklift Operator Certification required
- Basic math aptitude
- Good communication skills
- Detail oriented to maintain inventory accuracy
- Problem solving skills
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently
- Team player who can work with others to perform day to day responsibilities
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.