We are a leading international digital gaming company, underpinned by superior talent and technology. We operate a multi-branded strategy, using a combination of proprietary and licensed software to provide online bingo and slot gaming and a social gaming mobile application. Every day, millions of people worldwide enjoy our products – which includes meccabingo.com and grosvenorcasinos.com – on their mobiles, tablets and desktops.
As a Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET), you will design, build, deploy and support teams to take on test automation solutions. This role requires a dynamic individual with a unique blend of technical excellence coupled to an open, servant leader approach.
You will be instrumental in establishing a leading approach to testing, that is fundamental to enabling the journey to a fully DevOps organisation. This is a fantastic opportunity to build your own career with a team scaling at a good pace.
It is also an opportunity to work with one of the leading companies in the online gambling industry.
- Define and build test automation frameworks (both functional and non-functional)
- Define and building automation of critical parts of the pipeline, particularly in the automated provisioning of test data and environments
- Supporting developers to build tested solutions and assisting in the building of automated development practices
- Support the roll out and use of test automation with multiple Product teams (Squads)
- Advise to other teams on how they can refine their test approaches (including developers)
- Promote testing, test automation and Quality practices within the organisation
Skills & Attributes:
- Building test automation solutions using common Open Source tools – e.g. Selenium, Serenity, FitNesse, K6, REST Assured
- Significant experience using webdriver.io
- Proven experience of building test automation frameworks at an API level
- Specific experience in frontend automation
- Demonstrable knowledge of integrating test frameworks in a Jenkins pipeline
- Practical experience of using Bitbucket
- Practical application of BDD Scenarios and implementation into test automation
- Use of Agile tools – e.g. Confluence, JIRA, Slack
- Experience in working in Agile teams
Nice to have:
- Implementing Unit testing
- Security testing knowledge
- Performance Testing
- Git Distributed Workflow implementation and management
- Build service virtualisation solutions
- Full Jenkins pipeline implementation
- Automated handling of AWS environments
- Leading teams
- Structuring and delivering training
- Containerisation – Docker, Kubernetes, Swarm;
- Integration of testing into environment monitoring/alerting tooling (e.g. New Relic, OpsView, Nagios, ELK, Graphite, Grafana, Zabbix, etc.)
- Networking knowledge including switching, routing, VPN’s, Load balancing, etc
- Ability to find creative solutions and implement them in a fast pace work environment;
- Ability to work as part of a team (but take individual ownership and responsibility);
- Excellent written communication skills (articulate and polite);
- Good verbal communication skills;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Demonstrate a calm manner and an ability to handle difficult situations;
- Ability to work on own initiative;
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
Things you’ll need to know about:
- The ability to build stable, fast test automation solutions
- Strong understanding of test approaches, methods and techniques
- Specification by Example and how to implement
- An understanding of why DevOps isn’t just Ops
- The ability to communicate effectively, whether it’s spoken, written or collaboration over documentation.
- ISTQB Foundation Level certification
We work on a hybrid model so we look at coming into the office only around twice a week!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.