Website ACCOLADE, INC.
Accolade provides personalized health and benefits solutions designed to empower every person to live their healthiest life. We help millions of people and their employers navigate the complexities of the healthcare system with empathy, expertise and through exceptional service while supporting them in lowering the cost of care and improving health outcomes.
Accolade blends technology-enabled health and benefits solutions, specialized support from Accolade Health Assistants® and Clinicians and access to expert medical opinion services for high-cost treatment decisions. We consistently receive consumer satisfaction ratings over 90 percent and have been recognized by Inc. Magazine as a Top Place to Work 2020 and Business Intelligence for Excellence in Customer Service 2020. Please visit us on LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook and at accolade.com.
The Software Engineer I is responsible for helping us build and test our next generation of tools. We strive to help our clients navigate the winding road in healthcare by building intuitive, performant, and helpful software. As a developer on our application team, you will be at the forefront of reinventing how we help those we serve.
A day in the life…
- Work with a small agile team to design charted to build out the tools and applications necessary to support our government customers.
- Interface with our internal users and beta testers to gather feedback and troubleshoot issues.
- Productize our tools to help create an application platform which can be used to create new applications and features quickly and consistently.
- Work tightly with our DevOps teams to deploy and support our software using cloud services and tools such as Amazon Web Services, GitHub, Shippable, Docker and more.
- Marry business APIs with UX designs to build performant UI using React, Redux, and Less/Sass.
- Operates effectively as a collaborative member of the development team.
- Operates effectively as an individual for quick turnaround of enhancements and fixes.
- Responsible for meeting expectations and deliverables on time with high quality.
- Effectively develops in a clean, well structured, easily maintainable format.
- Demonstrates creative, technical, and analytical skills.
- Demonstrates ability to communicate effectively in both technical and business environments.
What we are looking for…
- Candidate must be a US Citizen who currently holds or is able to attain a public trust or higher-level clearance.
- Experience in designing, evaluating, and developing web applications.
- Minimum of 1-2 years of web development and applications development experience is required.
- Solid understanding of UX and UI design with an emphasis on maximizing usability.
- Solid understanding of building web applications
- Proficient at back-end development with experience building web UI.
- Preferred exposure to: Less/Sass, React, Node, Flux, Redux, AngularJS, *nix shell, Docker, npm, AWS
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Desire and willingness to work in an Agile, collaborative, innovative, flexible, and team-oriented environment
Desired Personal Characteristics:
- An excellent leader with a “can-do” attitude
- Hands-on, detail-oriented, methodical & inquisitive
- A motivated self-starter with a solid level of experience that quickly grasps complex challenges.
- A skillful communicator with experience working with technical management teams.
- A strong customer focus and metrics driven.
- A quick learner with a passion to challenge him/herself outside of the comfort zone.
- Fantastic collaborator, team player, negotiator, and influencer
- Fast fail entrepreneurial and innovative spirit
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment where continuous improvement is the norm and the bar for quality is extremely high.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.