Watershed aims to work with and invest in early-stage, high-growth companies that have emerging or disruptive technologies and then integrate these ideas into markets we understand.
We strive toward success in all things we do, all while focusing on making lives better for our customers, employees, and the world around us. As a Correct Craft Company, Watershed’s core values are built around people, performance, and philanthropy, and we approach business with these in mind.
Our extensive network through our sister companies means we are connected to world-class brands, distribution and operations. We partner with companies developing technologies that are strategically aligned with our business including energy and propulsion, artificial intelligence, software and analytics, advanced materials, sensors, wireless, robotics and automation.
The Software Engineer is directly responsible for working with the software engineering team and support the software development and updates of existing and new components.
The primary role is to execute tasks related to vehicle control unit (VCU) programming as well as performance optimization of existing embedded systems and integration of new embedded components.
Part of their role is to participate in the development of software that would control the components and operation of an electric propulsion system used in high-end ski, wakeboard, and fishing boats.
Support the engineering team in implementing a device that would communicate with onboard systems to enhance customer experiences. Secondary tasks may include assisting in application design and cloud backend development for end-to-end user-facing applications.
Essential Duties include:
- Vehicle Software Design and Programming
- Application Software Development
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related Engineering field
· Understanding of the fundamentals of Engineering and Design Process
· Ability to program in Structured Text using CoDeSys or similar platforms
· Extensive experience in C#, C++, and ST programming languages
· Thorough iOS and Android app development experience
· Experience with cloud-based backend infrastructure, development and deployment
· Experience with universal controllers and controller programming as well as an understanding of a vehicle’s CAN network
- Opportunity to grow with the company and learn skilled trades
- Work for a company that values people, performance and philanthropy
- Join a team that is passionate about making a difference in the world
- Competitive benefits: Health, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance
- Excellent 401K Plan
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off
- Job Stability
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.