Citibeats is the fastest and most efficient social intelligence and text analytics platform in the market. Citibeats organizes unstructured data via natural language processing (NLP) and machine learning. Our platform allows for the gathering of relevant information in changing social contexts, which permits public organizations and financial institutions to react more quickly and efficiently to the needs of citizens.
Leading financial institutions in Spain and different public organizations like the Ministry of Infrastructure in Japan, the city of Dublin, Tokio Marine and international partners like NTT Data, Accenture and Telefónica, among others, already trust in the Citibeats solution.
Citibeats has received prestigious recognition like the United Nations; World Summit Awards, the “Best Artificial Intelligence for Governments” by COGx and winner of NTT Data’s “Open Innovation Contest “in Japan.
Citibeats is an equal opportunity employer. Your uniqueness makes us better, and we encourage you to apply to this position without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, or disability status.
Citibeats is growing! Join a fast-moving and exciting deep learning tech company and take your career to the next level!
We are looking for an enthusiastic and experienced backend Software Engineer with a background in Django development. Previous experience in AI or NLP companies is a plus.
As a Software Engineer at Citibeats, your job will be contributing to our core AI & NLP engine and our API, adding new features, and maintaining the existing ones.
If you’re motivated to see your work applied by some of the world’s leading organizations battling the health and social impacts of coronavirus, helping inform the distribution of funding in developing countries, or investing in new infrastructure according to citizens’ needs, this role could be for you.
- Develop new features for the platform.
- Develop API endpoints as well as micro-services.
- Debug and fix bugs.
- Code review your colleagues’ work.
- Discuss with the team the best way to approach each challenge.
- Daily stand-up.
- Write useful documentation about the technical aspects of the platform.
- Become a part of a fast-moving and exciting company that is changing the rules of the AI game.
- Put your ideas into action as part of a meaningful project.
- Be a part of a friendly atmosphere and a great international team.
- Our offices are located in the 22@ district, just 5 minutes away from the beach!
- Chance to become an expert in a new technological field.
The minimal requirements are:
- 3 years of proven experience in a Software Engineer position, using Python as the main language. Django is highly desirable.
- 1 year of experience developing RESTful APIs.
- Fluent level of Spanish and English.
- Highly proficient in Python and SQL. Experience with Django is highly desirable.
- Deep understanding of RESTful APIs definition and development.
- Experience in Agile development.
- A passion for beautiful and performant code.
- Proactive and decisive attitude that ‘make things happen’.
- An understanding of time-to-market in the software industry.
You may be a good fit if you have previous experience or an interest in developing your knowledge in any of the following technologies (not all required):
- Toolkits such as Pandas, NumPy, SciPy or similar.
- Deep learning libraries such as Tensorflow, PyTorch, Keras or similar.
- SaaS development.
- Micro-service oriented architectures.
- Serverless framework.
Full-time position based in Barcelona and permanent contract.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.