At Fannie Mae, futures are made. The inspiring work we do makes an affordable home a reality and a difference in the lives of Americans. Every day offers compelling opportunities to impact the future of the housing industry while being part of an inclusive team thriving in an energizing environment. Here, you will help lead our industry forward and make your career.
THE IMPACT YOU WILL MAKE
The Legal – Government and Industry Relations – Senior Director role will offer you the flexibility to make each day your own, while working alongside people who care so that you can deliver on the following responsibilities:
In this compelling leadership position, one will be accountable for managing the team assessing risks or opportunities for Fannie Mae related to legislative and policy issues, with a focus on state legislative efforts. One will also monitor and analyze legislative activity that affects Fannie Mae’s business and lead efforts to seize opportunities to mitigate policy and reputational risks.
- Manage state legislative developments and, where necessary, Congressional legislative and oversight efforts that pertain to housing and housing finance issues or other issues that may impact Fannie Mae’s business
- Analyze the potential effects of legislation on business practices and policies and providing strategic recommendations on the implementation of new processes or activities that may be necessary as a result of enacted legislation or policy risk
- Correspond with business units to discuss the potential impact of proposed legislation on the company and industry
- Lead interactions with the Federal Housing Finance Agency, government officials, and industry participants to monitor legislative developments and seek changes to legislation, where appropriate
- Manage a team responsible for both state legislative developments and Fannie Mae’s responses to Congressional constituent inquiries
- 10+ years of related experience providing legal advice and support in a corporate, advocacy, government, or law firm environment
- 8+ years related experience providing advice and support in a corporate, advocacy, government, or law firm environment.
- Strong business acumen and excellent legislative analytical skills.
- Extensive presentation and advocacy skills, both written and verbal, are essential, with the ability to adapt to various target audiences including top executives.
- Strong relationship building skills, previous experience quickly building trust across an enterprise.
- Bachelor’s degree; Juris Doctorate preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing legislative issues and an understanding how legislation may apply to Fannie Mae’s products, technology, and services.
- Interest and willingness to identify potential weaknesses and opportunities for improvement at Fannie Mae and have the skills and demeanor to have difficult conversations, speak candidly and effect change.
- Ability to simplify complex topics, provide clear options, coordinate with, and persuade third parties such as FHFA and Freddie Mac.
- An ardent desire to manage, coach, and develop people; proven experience leading a team and/or large projects is highly desirable.
REFID is 101547
In response to COVID-19, Fannie Mae has adapted our workplace and hiring processes to better safeguard our employees, candidates, and new hires. We understand that this is an unprecedented situation and Fannie Mae is committed to creating protocols for these processes that are agile and conform with federal, state, and local health administration guidance. While the company’s operating status for on-site work is currently voluntary, the majority of Fannie Mae’s workforce is remote until further notice. We continue to conduct all interviews and onboarding virtually. In addition, all employees who wish to come on site must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and enter their vaccination information into a confidential HR system before arriving at the facility, unless they have an approved accommodation. Click here to go directly to information about accommodations.
The future is what you make it to be. Discover compelling opportunities at careers.fanniemae.com.
Fannie Mae is an Equal Opportunity Employer, which means we are committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, personal appearance, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation in the application process, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.