PALO ALTO NETWORKS
At Palo Alto Networks® everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
Disruption is at the core of our technology and on our way of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. We’re changing the nature of work from benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The public cloud market has been growing at a rapid rate for the last few years and as more enterprises use public cloud, there is a critical need for creative engineers to help develop software to prevent cyberthreats within the cloud environment. In this role, you will develop security disciplines to solve real-world problems and critical cybersecurity challenges.
You love to code and build exceptional products, and you bring new ideas in all facets of software development. You are someone who is highly technical, understands cloud technologies, and understands the complex world of cloud eco-systems and integrations. You love solving challenges for our customers in complex environments, and you aren’t deterred by the fact that much of this technology just has not been done before. In fact, you like the prospect of the challenge.
As a key engineer you will:
- Be responsible for complete software development life cycle including requirement analysis, design, development, deployment and support
- Write clean, testable, readable, scalable and maintainable backend code in Java that scales and performs well for thousands of customers
- Participate actively and contribute to design and development discussions
- Develop solid understanding and be able to explain Cloud Computing concepts to others
- Mentor junior developers
- 5+ years of experience building web applications
- Experience designing/building scalable microservices using REST API
- Hands on experience with at least one of MemSQL, AWS RDS, Cassandra, or similar
- Experience with cloud infrastructure & services (AWS / Google Cloud / Azure )
- Experience with messaging middleware (Kafka, AWS SQS, AWS Kinesis, etc.)
- Strong passion and experience in troubleshooting, debugging complex systems and possess excellent problem-solving techniques
- Experience with distributed computing (understand implications of CAP theorem, master election, brain split problem)
- Experience in iterative development, working in a full CI/CD environment is a plus
- Strong computer science fundamentals (e.g. understanding of lock-free data structures, bloom filters, minimal perfect hashing, consistent hashing, etc.) (edited)
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
Palo Alto Networks is evolving and changing the nature of work to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at [email protected]
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
Covid-19 Vaccination Information for Palo Alto Networks Jobs
- Vaccine requirements and disclosure obligations vary by country.
- Unless applicable law requires otherwise, you must be vaccinated for COVID or qualify for a reasonable accommodation if:
- The job requires accessing a company worksite
- The job requires in-person customer contact and the customer has implemented such requirements
- You choose to access a Palo Alto Networks worksite
- If you have questions about the vaccine requirements of this particular position based on your location or job requirements, please inquire with the recruiter.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.