ServiceNow, one of the fastest-growing publicly held SaaS and Cloud Companies, is transforming and reinventing the way large corporations are managing their Information Technology (IT). Established in 2004, ServiceNow develops and delivers a comprehensive suite of cloud-based services for enterprise IT management.
Why work Here? The people. The product. The future. As a company, we are growing at a record-breaking speed but still maintain the startup mentality upon which we were founded.
We value pure innovation and encourage creativity and collaboration. We are a high-performance culture, challenging even the brightest thinkers to execute their ideas and push themselves to the next level.
We provide an energetic and inclusive work environment where individuals with the right aptitude and attitude will excel. We play hard, but we work even harder. Think you have what it takes? You are invited to be part of the success – join our team of dedicated professionals and grow your career with us!
What you get to do in this role:
ServiceNow’s infrastructure teams operate on a principle of doing things better and smarter than they were done before. To that end, innovating infrastructure architecture, automating tasks and using tooling to monitor and manage the infrastructure is a top priority.
We are currently seeking a Sr. Staff NetDevOps Engineer/Architect to be based out of our Seattle-area office (Kirkland, WA). As a key member of the Cloud Infrastructure Engineering team, you will be responsible for architecting, developing, deploying, and managing the tools that support the infrastructure.
This is an opportunity to be at the core of building a Cloud SaaS platform that will scale to millions of users. You will also be a virtual part of the overall infrastructure software development team
The Networking group of the Cloud Infrastructure organization architects builds and operates the network infrastructure that runs our SaaS platform. It is built on the principles of stability, security, ability to scale, high performance, and cost-effectiveness. You will define and execute innovative ways to deploy, operate and monitor infrastructure systems at scale.
In addition to tools software development and testing, your work will involve interacting with other members of the infrastructure organization, the ServiceNow development teams, and working with network hardware vendors on implementing new hardware and software features.
You will possess a good understanding of networking protocols, combined with software tools development expertise. You should have experience designing, developing, and testing software for network automation using Python and have a strong track record of success.
- Working knowledge of Ansible, Docker, NGINX, and Kubernetes would be a plus. Primary roles and responsibilities for this role are as follows:
- Develop feature and automation capabilities on our most mission-critical load-balancing infrastructure component
- Develop automation software to be integrated with existing systems or enhance functionality to support a rapidly growing, multi-vendor network environment
- Understand complex network management requirements and design, develop, test, implement and sustain automated solutions
- Partner with the network engineers to define and gather requirements for tools, take existing processes and automate them
- Automate detection, response, event triage, probable root cause analysis, and auto-remediation of network incidents
- Work with management to procure and deploy commercial or open-source tools focused on network availability, performance and capacity monitoring, alarming and management
- Define and author network automation development techniques and standards
- Work with design teams, technical staff, and Hardware/Software groups from various network equipment vendors on new feature requests
To be successful in this role you have:
The candidate should have a solid foundation in networking including routing, switching, security, and load balancing as well as one or more scripting or compiled programming languages. A proven track record and experience in designing, developing, testing and running network automation software is a must. The following is a list of requirements for this role:
- 10+ years of proven, related experience
- Experience with configuration management tools like Ansible
- Advanced knowledge on NGINX load-balancing and L7 inner-workings
- Advanced programming or scripting skills and experience with a focus on Python programming languages
- Experience in software development using data modeling tools for automated infrastructure incident management, device configuration and change management, infrastructure operations, etc.
- Practical experience and understanding of infrastructure monitoring and management best practices, procedures, tools and infrastructure security fundamentals
- Knowledge of docker and Kubernetes a plus.
- Knowledge of MPLS, OSPF and BGP protocols a plus
- Previous network design and administration and working knowledge of Linux is a plus
- Familiarity with virtualization and cloud infrastructure technologies is a plus
- Excellent analytical, strategic planning, written and oral communication skills
- Good team player, attention to detail, and ability to work well with others
- Sample first 6-month deliverables
- Develop automation capabilities on our virtual load-balancing platform
- Develop NGINX capabilities based on internal/external customer requirements
- Build tools that streamline and/or automate how to change on the network is done including pre and post-maintenance validation checks
- Automate the generation of base device configurations for all infrastructure devices types
- Network monitoring, detection, and response automation
- Define standards for functional and regression testing of network automation tooling
- Partner with the Cloud software development team to ensure all networking efforts are an integral part of the overall automation efforts
Work Environment: We are a dynamic and rapidly growing software company with a strong sense of dedication to our customers. We work hard but try not to take ourselves too seriously. This is a very collaborative and inclusive work environment where individuals strong on aptitude and attitude will have an opportunity to grow their professional careers through working with some of the most advanced technology and talented developers in the business. We provide competitive compensation, generous benefits, and a professional, yet relaxed atmosphere.
ServiceNow is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, creed, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin or nationality, ancestry, age, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, veteran status, or any other category protected by law.
All new employees hired in the United States are required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, subject to such exceptions as required by law. If hired, you will be required to submit proof of full vaccination or have an approved accommodation, by your start date. Visit our Candidate FAQ page to learn more.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete any part of the application process, or are limited in the ability or unable to access or use this online application process and need an alternative method for applying, you may contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
For positions requiring access to technical data subject to export control regulations, including Export Administration Regulations (EAR), ServiceNow may have to obtain export licensing approval from the U.S. Government for certain individuals. All employment is contingent upon ServiceNow obtaining any export license or other approval that may be required by the U.S. Government.
Please Note: Fraudulent job postings/job scams are increasingly common. Click here to learn what to watch out for and how to protect yourself. All genuine ServiceNow job postings can be found through the ServiceNow Careers site.
Work personas are categories that are assigned to employees depending on the nature of their work. Employees will fall into one of three categories: Remote, Flexible or Required in Office.
Required in Office
A required in office work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office. This persona is required to work from their assigned workplace location 100% of the workweek based on the business needs of their role.
A flexible work persona is defined as an employee who is contracted to work from or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office and will work from their assigned workplace location roughly 3 days/week or less (generally around 40-60% of the work week). Flexible employees may choose to work the remaining working time from their work location or home. Flexible employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
A remote work persona is defined as an employee who performs their responsibilities exclusively outside of a ServiceNow workplace and is not contracted or aligned to a ServiceNow-affiliated office, including those whose place of work (pursuant to their terms and conditions of employment) is their home. Remote employees are required to work within their state, province, region, or country of employment.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.