Description of the company
Welcome to JYSK!
JYSK is a rapidly expanding retail chain and sells everything related to living and sleeping: Scandinavian furniture, mattresses and home accessories for affordable prices.
We have expanded from one store in Denmark in 1979 to over 3000 stores worldwide today! With 104 stores, we are spread throughout the Netherlands. As a result, we work hard to win (from each other), but also to help each other in our development and growth. You will find that at JYSK!
As a Store Manager Trainee you will be prepared to become a Store Manager at JYSK within 1 year.
During a period of approximately 9 months you will participate in qualitative training courses (about leadership, management tools, store operation,…), you will be trained “on the job” and you will receive intensive coaching and guidance.
In the meantime, you will, of course, gain practical experience in one of our stores, where you are responsible for a branch together with the Assistant Store Manager and Store Manager.
In total you will spend 5 full weeks at an external training location, together with ambitious colleagues from different JYSK stores.
Will you soon be part of our team to build your future as a Store Manager at JYSK?
This position is perfect for you because you…
- Preferably have already gained experience in a managerial role or are ready to take this step;
- Loves to join forces with your colleagues to make every day a success. You bring out the best in your colleagues and motivate them to achieve the best results ;
- Are you driven and ambitious : running your own JYSK store within 1 to 2 years? You don’t say no to that;
- Knows how to tackle things: You can make decisions and indicate direction, even in stressful situations;
- You are not made for an office job: as a manager you are present on the shop floor “where the magic happens”. Moreover, you are not deterred by physically demanding work.
Working at JYSK. That is:
- Do everything possible to achieve the turnover goals and celebrate with the team as soon as it is successful;
- Processing 50 pallets of freight sweating and toiling but still keeping the good vibe in it. At the end of the day we are proud of a super organized warehouse;
- Don’t be too proud to be a Store Manager vacuuming the store while your team is fully committed to sales;
- Reward hard effort, drive and results with the next step: start as a logistics manager and end up in a position as District Manager? Want to grow as a Sales Employee to Retail Manager? We have plenty of examples!
In short: at JYSK we try to exceed expectations every day: from our customers, from our colleagues and from our candidates. AT JYSK WE PLAY TO WIN!
Does this sound like the job for you? Then apply quickly!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.