The Luxembourg System Integrator for Microsatellites & Aerospace Systems
LuxSpace Sàrl is a member of the OHB group family.
LuxSpace vision is to technologically enable the use of Space by players with great missions on Earth. Leveraging our flight heritage and our 15+ years hands-on experience, our team builds the vision by reshaping the way microsatellite solutions and Space based services are conceived, developed, and delivered.
LuxSpace focuses on:
- Complete microsatellite systems in the 20-200 Kg class
- Space systems and subsystems design, specification, procurement, manufacturing, integration, and testing. This includes structure, TT&C subsystems, electronics, Radio Frequency, power supply, AOCS, simulators, on- board software, GSEs and all major elements of satellites
- Satellite services and applications with a focus on Automatic Identification System (AIS) and Earth Observation (EO)
Our OHB LuxSpace Team is composed of highly skilled and motivated professionals having joined us from more than 15 countries.
LuxSpace offers a dynamic and challenging, multinational, open minded and innovative work environment with a cooperative management culture and flexible working time options.
OHB LuxSpace is looking for motivated candidates to join our team for the exciting opportunity in the role of:
Subcontractor Manager for Space / Satellite Projects (m/f/o)
In the course of reinforcing the subcontractor management for its satellite projects, including subsystems, comprising platform and payload products, as well as relevant ground support equipment, LuxSpace is recruiting a Subcontractor Manager.
An experienced Subcontractor Manger with solid technical engineering background and focus on space hardware is required to participate in LuxSpace satellite projects. The products of concern will be procured for LuxSpace microsatellites, as well as for commercial communication satellites realized by the OHB group.
Activities comprise the complete flow from maintenance of a subcontractor database, maintenance of regular contacts with potential subcontractors and suppliers, conductance of request of proposal campaigns including subsequent contract negotiations up to subcontractor management during project implementation until delivery.
Substantial experience of working in the satellite industry and knowledge of ESA workflow methodology is a must.
Typical Tasks to be performed include:
- Implementation and execution of subsystem and equipment procurement for satellites, including payload subsystems and equipment, as well as relevant ground support equipment
- Management of required subcontract documents (contract, SOW, specifications) and negotiation of subcontract with regard to commercial and contractual agreements
- Management of supplier and subcontract for delivery on cost, quality, and time from contract implementation until delivery of hardware
- Being the focal point for all administrative, commercial, and scheduling matters towards subcontractors
- Perform and organize regular program and management reviews during subcontract lifetime (e. g. EQSR, etc.)
- Implement and manage a competitive tendering process in an international environment
- Acquire an overview over subsystem and equipment prices
- Understand the price driver for certain subsystems and equipment in order to achieve financial targets
- Maintain subcontractor / supplier database
- Subcontractor development and relationship management
- Subcontractor / supplier rating, feedback, and definition of correcting actions with subcontractors
- Manage commercial and institutional procurements within the customer driven requirements
- Support to commercial satellite proposals
- Issue requests for information & quotation (RFI / RFQ)
- Preselecting subcontractors / suppliers
- Lead price and contract negotiations
- Identify opportunities for long term agreements
- Regularly report on status and progress of procurements
- Other tasks and duties assigned by manager(s)
- Temporarily or permanently performing other reasonable and equivalent duties
Ideal Candidate Profile:
- Degree in Aerospace Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Electronics, Physics, or similar technical areas
- Several years of working experience in the satellite industry and knowledge of ESA workflow methodology is a must
- Several years of work experience and background in satellite subsystems and equipment
- Proven experience in procurement and management of complex subcontracts
- Experience in legal matters and contract negotiation processes
- Excellent communication and negotiation capabilities in English language
- Process- and results-oriented working discipline in adequate balanced conjunction with hands-on mentality; taking responsibility and being proactive
- High level of (self-) motivation, positive spirit to work and interface with a multinational team
- Readiness to work flexible in line with project needs and schedules
- Readiness to travel for business
- Languages: Excellent command of English (spoken and written); German and French advantageous
- In line with applicable (immigration) legislation, all candidates must be eligible to live and work in Luxembourg / be an EU / EEA citizen, and possess all applicable work and residence permissions for Luxembourg.
- Documented evidence of eligibility will be required from the applicants as part of the recruitment process.
- In view of the nature of projects concerned and job profile, candidates may have to undergo stringent reference and identity checks.
- Readiness and eligibility for security clearance procedures may be required from candidates.
- Dynamic, innovative, challenging
- Join our team of highly skilled and motivated professionals.
- Living and working in Luxembourg info: www.guichet.lu
- Permanent employment contract
- Full-time (40 h / week)
- Flexible working time options
Your Online Application:
- Please in English language
- Let us know your motivation
- Submit your Curriculum Vitae (Europass appreciated)
- Kindly include your salary expectations (EUR annual gross)
Please apply solely online via our LuxSpace Career Website. Thank you!
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.