ENT CREDIT UNION
After 90 days, this position is is eligible for hybrid work with 3 days in the office and 2 days at home
Founded in 1957, Ent is a member-owned credit union with a passion for people, not for profit. With $8+ billion in assets and over 420,000 owner-members across more than forty convenient Front Range locations, Ent is Colorado’s largest credit union. In addition to a reputation as a leader in philanthropy and financial literacy, Ent has been nationally recognized by Forbes as the overall #1 credit union in Colorado for four years running. We know that growth, accolades and reputation are a result of the entire Ent family of employees working together to serve our members. To that end, we are equally proud to be recognized as an “employer of choice” and to have received nominations and awards as a “Best Place to Work” in both Southern Colorado and the Denver metro area. Ent’s numerous Employee Engagement Groups (EEGs) offer micro-communities of like-minded employees and a chance to express your personal passions through volunteerism and philanthropy while our best-in-class benefits package and competitive salaries reward you for a job well done.
This position is responsible for the administration and supervision of the Mortgage Loan Processors and the timely and accurate preparation of all first mortgage loans including, but not limited to, FNMA conforming products, Colorado Housing and Finance Authority (CHFA), El Paso Bond program, Federal Housing Administration (FHA), Veteran Affairs (VA), construction loans, land loans, and Ent employee loans. This individual will also be responsible for day to day monitoring of the Processor’s workload, monitoring and assigning loans as necessary, assisting with training, participating on the management team, assisting with work priorities, implementing new requirements, streamlining workflows where possible, and member/staff complaint resolution. They will remain informed of current practices in Mortgage Lending. They will develop internal work procedures and policies consistent with departmental and overall Credit Union goals.
- Mortgage Production Support Tactical Operations Oversight / Production: Responsible for administration and supervision of the day to day functions of the Mortgage Loan Processors to include- Scheduling coverage to match forecasted volume. Pipeline management – assessing and prioritizing the workload. Assist with the daily workload for staff out of office due to illness and vacation. Provide support relating to guideline interpretations. Provide information on specific files for all mortgage staff. Serves as the liaison for escalated situations for internal and external members, and 3rd party vendors. Keep up to date on Government, Investor, and Credit Union lending policies, procedures, and guidelines. Implement new process and/or procedural changes approved by the Manager of Mortgage Production
- Team Development / Alignment: Coach and develop staff, address personnel issues, write and deliver performance evaluations, and assess and revise performance standards as needed. Uncover and recommend relevant department skill training needed based on trend of feedback received for reports and team performance.
- Mortgage Production Support Strategic Planning: Proactively uncover and recommend process or procedural changes to the Manager of Mortgage Production Work on special projects as needed, to include researching new loan programs, industry standards, and new technology.
- Bank Secrecy Act: Remains cognizant of and adheres to Ent policies and procedures, and regulations pertaining to the Bank Secrecy Act.
Minimum Formal Education for this position:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, or related field of study.
Minimum Work Experience for this position:
- 2+ years’ combined experience in mortgage loan processing or closing with TRID closing experience.
- 1+ years’ team leadership / supervisor experience.
All degrees listed are considered to be “knowledge consistent with?. Each year of equivalent work experience may be exchanged for 1 year in a relevant degree program or vice versa. For example, 4+ years of required accounting experience could be substituted for an associate’s degree and 2+ years of work experience.
Technical or Specialized Knowledge/ Skills:
- Working knowledge of 1st mortgage products that may include Conventional, FHA, VA, construction, land and portfolio investment properties loans.
- Knowledge of investor and lending regulatory guidelines.
- Understanding and practical application of underwriting guidelines for multiple loan types and investors.
- Ability to prioritize/manage files and allocate resources to ensure efficient processing.
- Analytical and mathematical skills.
- Ability to analyze all required loan documentation from member or other parties (i.e. paystubs, credit reports, assets, tax returns, purchase contracts, title commitment, etc.) and disclosures and recognize potential red flags / fraud.
- Able to perform financial analysis on personal and business tax returns.
- Initiative to meet and/or exceed job standards and willingness to take on other tasks that aren’t part of their regular job.
- Display positive, professional disposition/behavior.
- Organized, detail oriented, flexible and able to multi- task in an ever-changing environment.
- Conflict resolution and problem solving skills.
- Communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to train staff with clear and concise communication orally and in written form.
- Ability to give oral presentations to a group.
- Ability to coach and mentor staff, providing support and direction.
- Ability to lead by example and be a positive role model to others.
- Ability to make sound decisions in all aspects of the job.
Environmental, Physical and Psychological Requirements:
- Standing – Occasionally
- Walking – Occasionally
- Sitting – Frequently
- Lifting – Rarely (40 Lbs)
- Carrying – Rarely
- Pushing – Rarely
- Pulling – Rarely
- Balancing – Rarely
- Stooping – Rarely
- Kneeling – Rarely
- Crouching – Rarely
- Crawling – Rarely
- Reaching – Occasionally
- Handling – Occasionally
- Grasping – Occasionally
- Feeling – Occasionally
- Talking – Frequently
- Hearing – Frequently
- Repetitive Motions – Frequently
- Eye/Hand/Foot Coordination – Occasionally
- Noises louder than normal speaking volume – Occasionally
- Temperature Changes – Rarely
- Atmospheric Conditions – Rarely
The salary range for the position is: $60,507 to $79,409 (S15)
This position is eligible for our monthly incentives based on performance
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.