As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second.
The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device, and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analog to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace.
We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
Systems Administration team – a part of the Operations & Infrastructure technology organization teams vision (Deliver best-in-class Infrastructure on-demand everywhere), mission (Engineer and build a reliable and secure infrastructure for all types of workloads in Private/ Hybrid Cloud, utilizing open and innovative technologies at the right unit cost), and purpose (Increase innovation velocity of developers, and reduce infrastructure maintenance overhead) guides the important work we do every day and built on the vision of Visa “The best way to pay and be paid for everyone, everywhere”.
You will be part of a team of system engineers/architects who focused on Kubernetes, microservices architecture, and cloud technologies. As part of this self-driven team, you will have total ownership of the solutions we provide for our customers making availability, performance, security, and reliability critical to our success. We need to do this all at the global scale, as well, so continual, iterative improvements in our process, technology, tools, and automation will be essential to allowing us to meet those goals as well as focus on the things that add value for our players.
The ideal candidate is technology savvy with deep knowledge of Kubernetes, Microservices, Golang, Python, Ansible and CI/CD processes. Able to work on open-source projects, able to contribute and commit the code to upstream opensource projects.
The candidate should have familiarity with Opensource projects such as Service Mesh (Istio/Linkerd), Prometheus/Grafana, Open tracing, and Service graphs. This person will be working majority of the time coding in Golang, Python, and Ansible on automating infrastructure tasks.
- Design and implement agile innovative infrastructure solutions/infrastructure management solutions that take advantage of technology advances that allow cost reduction, standardization and commoditization
- Design, implement and integrate management solutions to effectively manage private cloud implementation (Docker, Kubernetes) at Visa’s data centers across the globe, ensure reliability, elasticity and security
- Identify, evaluate, select and engineer highly reliable container scheduling and orchestration solutions that are extremely secure enabling Operations to manage environments simply and effectively, ensure on time, on budget, and quality delivery of shared container platform
- Collaborate with the team to evolve the containerization ecosystem, establish, and mature standards and integration for infrastructure management domains – logging, monitoring, configuration management and orchestration. Identify and implement standard toolsets to reduce complexity and support operational goals for increasing automation across the enterprise
- Champion the adoption of open infrastructure management solutions that are fit for purpose yet forward the Visa goals to keep technology relevant
- Work closely with geographically distributed teams on technical challenges and process improvements
- Evangelize the cloud and container management platform standards and capabilities, gain insights of the workflows of Product Development, Engineering and Operations teams, ensure platform relevance and drive adoption, enable the application transformation from monolithic to microservices
- 8 years of relevant work experience with a Bachelor’s Degree or at least 5 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g., Masters, MBA, JD, MD)
- At least 5 years of experience as DevOps engineer working on automating infrastructure tasks.
- At least 4 years in the cloud, and in containers with focused on DevOps and service-based systems engineering.
- Kubernetes (minimum 3 to 4 years of experience on internals architecture of K8s), Calico or Cilium CNI networking, Istio ServiceMesh/Envoy (minimum 1 year experience).
- At least 4 years of experience with Linux administration.
- Experience automating system tasks and infrastructure using a scripting language (Golang, and Python must have), with configuration management/ infrastructure orchestration tools (Ansible and Terraform).
- Extensive experience automating system tasks and infrastructure using a scripting language (Golang, and Python must have), with configuration management tools (Ansible), service registry and discovery tools (Consul and Vault, etcd), infrastructure orchestration tools (Ansible, and Terraform), and automated imaging tools (Packer)
- Experience in developing and deploying opensource Kubernetes in on-prem.
- Experience in automating at least one public cloud deployments (any one of them – AWS, Azure, Google Cloud).
- Experience using and optimizing monitoring and trending systems (Sysdig, Prometheus, Grafana), log aggregation systems (ELK, Splunk, Fluentbit), and their agents.
- Experience in architecting and deploying Service Mesh (Istio or Linkerd) on container platform
- Any exposure to upstream contribution in cloud-native eco system projects
- Deep understanding of the Software Development Life Cycle including Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipeline architecture (Jenkins, GitLab, Drone) including deployments into Kubernetes environments using tools such as Flux or Keel.
- Experience with developing microservice-based HTTP applications and servers
- Able to understand the security tools and best practices: CIS Benchmarking, OS hardening, vulnerability scanning, system auditing
- Experience performing full stack load testing in order to identify and address hardware, network, system, or application bottlenecks
- Networking experience both within Linux and with Cisco or Juniper network routers and switches
- Strong analytical skills, able to work independently to solve complex engineering problems. Make independent judgments/decisions within established guidelines
- Communicate well with others both verbally and in writing and be able to effectively interact with peers, management and other outside contacts
- The ability to gather and understand business requirements, translate them into technical/operational requirements
- High degree of initiative and sense of urgency, comfortable with ambiguity as needs change on a regular basis
- Self-confident, commands technical authority and respect at all levels
- Desire to be part of an incredible team. That means being someone the team can count on, who communicates honestly and respects others and their views, who adapts quickly to changing priorities, drives positive change, and is committed to giving 100%
Work Hours This position requires the incumbent to be available during core business hours.
Travel Requirements This position requires the incumbent to travel for work less than 10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers, reach with hands and arms, and bend or lift up to 25 pounds.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
The position starts at $85,000. Base pay may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. In addition, this position is eligible for bonus and equity
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.