As the world’s leader in digital payments technology, Visa’s mission is to connect the world through the most creative, reliable and secure payment network – enabling individuals, businesses, and economies to thrive.
Our advanced global processing network, VisaNet, provides secure and reliable payments around the world, and is capable of handling more than 65,000 transaction messages a second. The company’s dedication to innovation drives the rapid growth of connected commerce on any device and fuels the dream of a cashless future for everyone, everywhere. As the world moves from analogue to digital, Visa is applying our brand, products, people, network and scale to reshape the future of commerce.
At Visa, your individuality fits right in. Working here gives you an opportunity to impact the world, invest in your career growth, and be part of an inclusive and diverse workplace. We are a global team of disruptors, trailblazers, innovators and risk-takers who are helping drive economic growth in even the most remote parts of the world, creatively moving the industry forward, and doing meaningful work that brings financial literacy and digital commerce to millions of unbanked and underserved consumers.
You’re an Individual. We’re the team for you. Together, let’s transform the way the world pays.
What’s It All About?
Responsible for the supporting of Multiple applications based on Linux and Mainframe and coupled databases. You would be primarily responsible for Open Systems Services with additional responsibilities around the Clearing and Settlement BASE II Mainframe system in a multi-data centre and multi-processing environment.
You are also responsible for first and second level problem determination and recovery of these Open Systems and BASE II Services, Applications, Operating System, services, and client-related issues.
You will also help facilitate problem situations with the appropriate management, support groups and service partners as required and is responsible for tracking progress and final resolution implementation.
This position is part of a shift structured team and will require 12-hour shift work (US night shifts).
What We Expect of You, Day to Day.
- Running of the Day-to-Day Operations by Supporting Linux Application, Batch and any additional Mainframe Operational Duties
- Driving resolution of incidents and escalation for Visa’s Core applications, operating system, and services with higher level of expertise and confidence
- Works closely with service partners such as VIP Operations/Coverage and Client Support teams to ensure all Open System and CAS application-related services are operational and with no impact
- Working closely with Client Services and Relevant Support Teams and associated regions when dealing with Client Related issues
- Ongoing/Proactive analysis of Open Systems, Batch and CAS applications to detect potential problems. When necessary makes preventive corrections and works with Engineering/Development groups to implement long-term corrective measures
- Help Support changes, implementations upgrades
- Provide immediate escalation to Management and Senior on/off -duty management
- Help provide technical analysis and review in support of Operational efficiencies and enhancements
- Continual Service Improvement – Support initiatives to enhance tools functionality working with Tools Support and Engineering groups and ensure participation from colleagues
- Ensure that all Incident, Changes, and Problem Tickets received in the shift are all accounted, updated and turned over if not completed within the shift
The role should exhibit the appropriate level of Visa Leadership Principles:
- Lead by Example
- Communicate Openly
- Enable and Inspire
- Excel with Partners
- Act Decisively
• Linux/Unix Basic Administration with Kafka and Cassandra Database Experience.
• Shell, Perl Scripting Knowledge
• Knowledge of Control-M, BAAS and/or D-Series Enterprise Schedulers.
• Knowledge of one or more of the following MVS, Connect:Direct, FTP, SFTP, SDSF, CA-ESP(scheduling package), TSO & TPX, JCL, Sysview, Tandem, Netcool Alerting Tool, REXX/CLIST, application support, and Remedy Reporting tool
• Experience with large server (IBM mainframe and Linux) technologies and architectures in a complex, heterogeneous systems environment
• Any in Experience in REXX, OPS/MVS, Systems State Manager, Windows, Netcool (Alerting), Control-M or ESP scheduling and operations
• Experience in analysing processing environments with focus on identifying improvement opportunities and efficiencies to process, procedures, and Visa applications while working closely with support groups
• Experience in working with various technical teams, which include application support, development, and engineering teams
• Strong understanding in Incident, Problem and Change management
• Strong ability to handle pressure and difficult situation in a manner reflective of a Visa employee
• Perform Incident, Change and Problem Management according to documented guidelines
• Be able to respond / action escalation utilising our knowledge base in Incident tickets, websites, and documented process/procedures
• Ensure all issue are tracked, resolved to maintain and make improvements to ensure no SLA’s are missed or extended outages occurs
• Strong ability to apply efficient decision-making, problem-solving and technical skills
• A degree level qualification in Information Technology or Information Systems or related discipline. Industry experience or a diploma level qualification in IT
• Certification in ITIL V3 or Above, Six Sigma Green, Service Transition, Design & Operations.
• Any Working / practical knowledge of the Windows & Tandem environments
• Any Working knowledge of CICS, DB2 and MQ Channel
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.