As a result of continued growth, the business requires a Tax Manager to join our high performing finance team. Reporting directly to the Head of Tax, the role will be hands on with a clear focus on tax compliance, reporting and tax risk issues affecting the business. In addition, the role will require a commercial mind set, to support the various tax activities and tax planning strategies for the Group.
You will be responsible for all aspects of tax compliance, payroll, VAT, and tax reporting together with documenting the Group’s tax processes and ensuring these are applied accurately and consistently. You will be able to demonstrate where you have translated technical issues and clearly articulated the outcome. In addition, you will be able to hit the ground running, work proactively with other departments and manage a qualified accountant to ensure all deadlines are met.
The role will give excellent exposure across the business with opportunities to gain broad experience, particularly in helping to develop the ongoing tax strategy of a listed business. This is a great opportunity for someone who is pro-active, a confident communicator who enjoys a challenge and is looking for a fast-paced environment in which to develop their career.
Full details of key responsibilities available on request.
Competence, knowledge, and skills
- Qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA/CTA) with at least 2 years PQE
- Experience gained within accounting practice or a similar varied in-house tax position
- Excellent working knowledge of UK tax legislation and tax reporting work
- Experience of working with HMRC approved and unapproved share schemes preferable
- Experience of drafting policies and procedures preferable
- Staff management experience
- Planning, organisation, and time management skill with ability to prioritise
- Ability to work to tight reporting deadlines
- Logical mindset; able to solve problems
- Disciplined, methodical and rigorous combining ‘eye for detail’
- Flexible and highly motivated
*Applications should include a CV and a covering letter detailing suitability for the role.*
AJ Bell is one of the fastest-growing investment platform businesses in the UK, with over 432,000 customers using our award-winning platform propositions to manage assets totalling more than £68.7 billion. Having listed on the Main Market of the London Stock Exchange in December 2018, AJ Bell is now a FTSE 250 company.
At AJ Bell you can expect a friendly working environment with a strong sense of teamwork, we have a great sense of pride in what we do, and this is reflected in our guiding principles.
In return for your hard work you will be entitled to:
- Competitive salary
- 26 days holiday increasing up to 30 days with service, plus bank holidays
- Holiday buy/sell scheme
- Discretionary annual bonus
- Contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced maternity/paternity scheme
- Discounted PMI and Dental
- Free gym
- Plus much more
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.