The Tech Edit team’s primary objective is to provide professional-level editing and formatting for client-facing reports and presentations written and delivered by the cybersecurity consultants and leadership within Mandiant Consulting. Our team is a valuable resource to the organization, contributing to the our company’s white-glove standard by ensuring our deliverables have a professional look and feel; are clear, correct, and concise; and are tailored for their unique audience’s needs.
The technical editor in this position will edit and format client deliverable reports or slide presentations written by cybersecurity consultants. This position will also serve as the team lead for other technical editor associates, which involves managing scheduling of editing projects as well as multiple process improvement projects simultaneously. Though prior experience in the cybersecurity industry is not required, candidates will be expected to embrace a steep learning curve on terms and concepts in order to effectively edit or rewrite reports for clients in this complex and emerging industry. Previous writing or editing experience in a technical environment is required. Some experience with a component content management system is also preferred but not required.
What You Will Do:
- Editing reports ranging from 5 to 200 pages, or slide presentations of 5 to 50 slides, to correct problems with usage, spelling, and grammar
- Rewriting unclear text to clarify meaning, including text written by non-native English speakers
- Ensuring consistency of terms and editing conventions throughout the report or presentation
- Extensive formatting of reports using pre-defined styles in Microsoft Word and advanced formatting features
- Communicating with consultants regarding deliverable deadlines or to resolve content-related questions
- Overseeing tech edit request queue and assigning scheduled deliverables to Tech Edit team members
- Contributing to the management of various process management projects as they arise, such as implementing new tools, processes, branding and writing styles
- 5+ years of professional writing and/or editing experience in a technical environment
- Proficiency with advanced features in Microsoft Word and PowerPoint for editing and formatting documents
- Expert knowledge of English language rules of grammar, punctuation, sentence and paragraph structure, and other components of correct usage
- 3+ years of managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to tailor language for audiences ranging from senior executives to technical positions
- Understanding of and experience with technical writing and editing principles and style
- Organization skills and flexibility to prioritize multiple projects and deadlines
- Communication skills to effectively coordinate and collaborate with a variety of stakeholders
- Ability to quickly assimilate new technical terms and concepts
- Experience working with a component content management system and/or structured authoring
- Experience with content migration
- Experience leading a documentation team and/or managing documentation-related initiatives (e.g., creating, maintaining, and enforcing writing standards and style guides)
- Familiarity with information architecture concepts and practices
As a U.S. federal contractor, Mandiant has adopted a COVID-19 Vaccination Policy to comply with our obligations under applicable laws and requirements. This position is covered under Mandiant’s COVID-19 Vaccination Policy and therefore proof of vaccination against COVID-19 will be required as a condition of hire. At Mandiant we are committed to our #OneTeam approach combining diversity, collaboration, and excellence. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, color, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or on the basis of disability.
Minimum Salary: $[75,000]. Final salary will be determined commensurately with cost of living, experience level, and/or any other legally permissible considerations.
Incentive Compensation: Eligibility for annual bonus subject to individual and company performance; eligibility for award of Restricted Stock Units subject to eligibility requirements, approval from FireEye’s Compensation Committee, and vesting terms
Benefits: Employer subsidized benefits include Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, and Disability Insurance. Subject to eligibility requirements, FireEye also offers the ability to participate in 401(k), Flexible Spending Accounts, Health Savings Accounts, Dependent Care Spending Accounts, and Employee Stock Purchase Program. FireEye also provides Paid Time Off, Flexible Paid Sick Time, and Paid Holidays.
*Disclosure as required by sb19-085 (8-5-20)
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.