Raffles the Palm Dubai is on the western crescent of Palm Jumeirah, the world’s largest manmade island and archipelago. This luxurious five-star hotel with 391 spacious rooms, suites, and villas is embellished with hand-crafted Italian touches and offset by carefully selected amenities to complete the atmosphere of elegance.
Guests can enjoy panoramic views, a private beach, state-of-the-art entertainment and recreational facilities, including specialist boutiques, a VIP movie theatre, signature and private restaurants complemented by exquisite banqueting and conference spaces.
When visiting Raffles, guests will discover the individual personality and story offered by the hotel. At the essence of every Raffles is the delivery of thoughtful, personal, and discreet service to well-traveled guests.
Raffles Hotels & Resorts is an award-winning, luxury international hotel company with a history dating back to 1887 with the opening of Raffles Hotel, Singapore. The portfolio currently comprises eleven luxurious properties, from secluded resorts to city hotels in key locations around the world.
To ensure all aspects of Telecommunications services achieve the highest possible guest satisfaction in accordance with the Hotel’s standards.
KEY ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage and supervise all tasks of his/her staff
- Direct, supervise and coordinate activities in the Guest Service Center department
- Develop and implement procedures for proper handling of in- and out-going telephone calls, faxes, rental equipment, and other telecommunication services
- Investigate complaints regarding telecommunication services and operators and technicians, take appropriate actions.
- Establish and maintain effective employee relations
- Organize and conduct a regular meetings for all Telecommunication staff to facilitate communication and a smooth operation
- Manage and monitor the operation of all equipment, software, hardware and ensure all units are working and installed properly
- Ensure preventive and corrective maintenance for all telecommunication equipment
- Monitor the performance of PABX/Voice Mail/Call Accounting software and maintain logbook of equipment performance report
- Investigate and report software problems to respective vendors, coordinate interface problem solving with the hotel’s System Manager
- Maintain records to process telephone calls in the billing system
- Perform PABX data-base programming and regular service change to control class of service on all telephone sets in the hotel
- Prepare and controls departmental budgets
- To attend Telecommunication seminar, product knowledge, presentation, organized by the external bodies
- Conduct shift briefings to communicate hotel activities and operational requirements
- Prepare work and vacation schedules for Guest Service staff, taking into consideration occupancy and forecasts and any large group movements
- Adhere to OH&S policies and procedures and ensure all direct reports do the same
HUMAN RESOURCE AND TRAINING RESPONSIBILITIES
- Prepare induction programs for new employees
- Conduct regular on-the-job training
- Provide input for probation and formal performance appraisal discussions
- Coach, counsel and discipline staff in breach of hotel policies and departmental procedures, providing constructive feedback to enhance performanceWork with Superior and HR Manager to ensure productive departmental performance:
- Written and verbal communication skills in English
- Able to develop rapport with Colleagues and Management staff
- Ability to work cohesively with co-workers as part of a team
- Ability to focus attention on guest needs, remaining calm and courteous at all times
- Ability to promote positive relations with all hotel guests and patrons
- Able to exercise good judgment with difficult guests
- Understanding and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Diploma or Degree in Hotel Management.
- Minimum 2 – 3 years relevant experience preferably in a four or five-star hotel with at least 1 year at a supervisory level.