PASSION FOR LIFE, INC.
Passion for Life, Inc. is a 501(c)(3) organization. Our mission is to provide forward-thinking career coaching and immersion opportunities driven by the student’s passions and talents in a fun, structured, and high-energy environment, helping under-resourced youth transform their passions into rewarding careers.
Passion for Life, Inc is seeking individuals to serve as virtual Career Coaches for the organization. This role helps middle and high school students identify passions and skills, and explore career options that will lead to a career aligned with their passion.
In this role, the Career Coach will facilitate a virtual interactive workshop, lead small group coaching sessions with youth to help them identify their career interests, and guide them on developing a career exploration plan.
This role is excellent for people who love to help people reach their full potential and a great opportunity for undergraduate and graduate students who desires counseling, career coaching, and community service.
- Helps students identify personal interests, core strengths and career goals, while completing reports following sessions to track students’ progress
- Assists students in creating a career development plan, and to develop SMART goals
- Guide students through making decisions about their potential career pathways and higher education plan
- Lead and facilitate group sessions based on provided lesson plan with students on topics that aid in self-discovery and career exploration and planning
- Guide students through personal development and how to be resilient during life challenges
- Help clients select and apply for educational programs, to obtain the necessary skills, degrees, and credentials needed for a successful career
- Use assessments to help students evaluate their aptitude, interests, skills and abilities
- Evaluate and manage student progress to identify students individual needs in session notes. Responsible for leading the development and implementation of plan to address the student’s need(s)
- Must be currently pursuing a degree in one of the following fields: Psychology, Counseling, Sociology, or a related human service field
- Must be classified as a Junior or Senior, or graduate student
- Excellent listening skills
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Ability to work with a diverse student population
- Strong Organizational Skills
- Excellent rapport building skills – a “natural ability” to make clients feel cared about
- Strong sense of empathy, positive outlook, ability to motivate others
- Desire to encourage, inspire, and aid in transforming students’ lives.
- Availability Saturdays 10 a.m.-noon and during the week from 2:00 p.m.-4:00 p.m.
- Availability Mondays and Wednesdays from 3:00 p.m.- 6:00 p.m. and one Saturday a month for training
- Ability to attend scheduled weekly sessions
- Mandatory attendance at monthly planning meetings
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.