Health, Safety, and Environmental
Larson Manufacturing is committed to providing a safe workplace and promoting the health and safety of its associates. Workplace safety and managing the operation of our company in an environmentally responsible manner is the responsibility of each associate. Associates are responsible for participating in our Company’s incident and injury prevention programs as well as our Company’s environmental programs. All associates must comply with our environmental, health and safety policies and procedures as well as federal, state, and local regulations.
A warehouse associate will perform tasks involved with shipping and receiving finished goods and raw materials at a central distribution center or cross-dock facility. A warehouse associate is responsible for accurately picking products for customer orders including any of Larson Company’s products or service parts. Duties include preparing orders for shipment, loading and unloading trucks, processing finished good inventory receipts from other locations, and industry practices of distribution operations.
- Picks items and prepares finished good and service parts for fulfillment to Larson customers both dealers and consumer direct orders.
- Follows directed fulfillment prompts for order fulfillment and inventory control using technical tools including a hand-held PC/scanning device and tablet.
- Follows proper procedures for interplant material and transfers to designated storage locations and areas.
- Prepares outbound shipments to ship safely and without damage. Follows cargo securement procedures.
- Counts, receive, and records shipment information upon receipt using PeopleSoft system. Matches packing lists to verify physical receipts to identify discrepancies of finished goods and materials or supplies.
- Operates a pallet jack, forklift, or be trained to operate other material handling equipment for handling bulk finished goods and operation during the order fulfillment pick process and staging items for put-away.
- Performs and has an understanding of internal quality assurance verification procedures to assure customer service, inventory accuracy, mitigation of product damage and general product quality.
- Utilizes required safety equipment including Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) required to assure safe work practices which eliminate or reduce workplace hazards to employees.
- Performs job requirements outlined in procedures. Operates equipment within safety guidelines. Reports any nonconformance issues to management.
- Cooperates and anticipates moving to other work groups within the distribution center as business needs dictate flexibility. May occasionally be scheduled for overtime and adjustments to work schedules or shifts to accommodate staffing requirements due to business volume.
- Read and comprehend simple instructions from production standards, memos, or other correspondence.
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED) preferred.
- Reading and writing skills are essential. Ability to read and comprehend simple correspondence, read numbers and letters facilitating order requirements.
- Ability to process specified instructions.
- Ability to add, subtract in all units of measure, using whole numbers.
- Ability to measure, read, and understands a tape measure.
- All the Insurance coverage you’d expect like medical, dental, vision, life insurance, flexible spending accounts, wellness programs, 401K, and a bonus program
- Scholarship program for children of employees
- Annual merit and incentive programs
- Charitable gift matching
- Culture committed to work-life balance with flexible work options
- Associate Purchase Program on All Fortune Brands Products
Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security (Master Lock/Therma-Tru Doors/Fiberon/Larson) is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, creed, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, mental or physical disability, marital/family/caregiver status, genetic information, military or veteran status, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local low. Fortune Brands Doors & Security also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Candidates for positions with Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security must be able to present proof of identity and work eligibility post hire. Immigration visa sponsorship is not available for this position and accordingly this position is not appropriate for foreign students who will require sponsorship in the future, including assistance with an Optional Practical Training (OPT) F-1 extension.
To all recruitment agencies: Fortune Brands Outdoors & Security does not accept unsolicited agency resumes/CVs. Please do not forward resumes/CVs to our careers email addresses, our employees or any other company location. We are not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes/CVs
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.