40 Warehouse Operatives – Haydock, St Helens
Are you looking for an immediate opportunity in warehousing & distribution that offers excellent rates of pay plus attractive shift allowances in Haydock, St Helens?
Learn new or enhance your current skills in the retail warehousing & distribution sector with this ‘household name’ UK retailer at its Distribution Centre based in Haydock, St Helens.
Shift patterns available are a weekly rotating 06:00 – 14:00 and 14:00 – 22:00 or a static night shift 22:00 – 06:00. Any 5 out of 7.
We know how important ‘Me Time’, ‘Family Time’, ‘Social Time’, ‘Your Time’ is.
This is shift work covering any 5 out of 7 days but it doesn’t mean you can’t plan and enjoy what’s important to you as you will have an advance rota of your shift’s months in advance.
You will have support and coaching and will receive 3 full days training at the start of your assignment including training on a llop truck to assist with picking of goods.
“So, what’s the pay??”
Basic hourly rate of pay is £9.91 plus shift Enhancements.
Enhanced Pay Rates:
Hours worked between 18:00 – 23:59 £11.40 p/h.
Hours worked between 00:00 – 05:59 £12.39 p/h
Saturday & Sunday Day Working £11.89 p/h
Saturday & Sunday 18:00 – 23:59 £13.68 p/h
Saturday & Sunday 00:00 – 05:59 £14.87 p/h
There are also regular opportunities for you to work overtime that is paid at enhanced rates over 40 hours.
This Tesco / Booker distribution centre at Haydock, St Helens site are looking to add to their current team of circa 200 warehousing staff.
You will be responsible for picking bulk products efficiently which will support the delivery of fresh and boxed food/home products to the Tesco network of stores serving millions of UK households.
If you have good attention to detail and are reliable and can work at a steady to fast pace, you are ideal for these opportunities.
Whether this is your first time working in a warehouse or you have previous experience, we’re keen to hear from people with those qualities as training will be given.
As a warehouse Operative you will be:
- An individual who thrives on organised, systematic working and keeping busy
- Organised, efficient and thrive in a fast-paced atmosphere
- Upbeat and energised
- Flexible and willing to take on a variety of tasks to help your team
- A good team player
- A great communicator
- Reliable and dependable
- Physically fit and able to work on your feet for most of the shift; if loading, ability to meet the physical demands of the job. This work requires the ability to move around with ease, while at times lifting and carrying items potentially weighing up to 30kg
- Awareness and ability to follow safety instructions and procedures
- Average literacy and numeracy skills
As a Warehouse Operative for Tesco/Booker you will:
- Assist with the unloading of vehicles and the checking in of stock
- Manually sort and place goods on to racks and shelves
- Collect items from throughout the Warehouse, prepare and complete warehouse orders for delivery or pickup according to a schedule
- Perform warehouse inventory controls via scanner and/or through a computer
- Performing stock counts and location checks
So if you have the qualities described and you’re looking for steady work with a great employer who has seen record sales over the last 16 months, we’d love to hear from you today.
To apply for this job please visit www.caterer.com.