We are Fowler Welch – a multi award winning supply chain specialist working with retailers, wholesalers and manufacturers across the UK. We live by a simple set of values: to delight our customers, maximise our efficiency, be socially responsible and to promote being an employer of choice.
Most importantly, we wouldn’t be able to deliver the highest quality service to our customers without dedicated and driven colleagues.
As a Warehouse Supervisor at Fowler Welch you will assist in the day-to-day running of the warehouse in line with Company and customer standards.
You will lead a team ensuring good productivity, picking accuracy and the overall performance of the warehouse is achieved to meet customer and company service levels
Working Hours: Sunday – Wednesday 18:00 – 06:00
Salary: £35,511.00 per annum
- To supervise the warehouse staff to ensure that warehouse disciplines are rigidly maintained.
- To be responsible for the achievement of daily KPI’s in order that: daily targets are met, Despatch requirements ana delivery targets are met, picking accuracy.
- Ensuring all operatives are trained in the warehouse discipline of picking and to arrange retraining where necessary.
- Ensure that company standards of hygiene and housekeeping are achieved and taking appropriate action where it is not found.
- Ensure that the Company Health & Safety Rules are enforced in the warehouse, and any issues are reported in line with company procedures.
- Identifying procedures and or systems used which could be improved to help minimise warehouse errors and maximise staff productivity.
- To manage day to day team issues including holidays authorisation and arranging cover, timekeeping and absence monitoring, completion of daily time sheets.
- To manage any performance issues with the team in liaison with the Warehouse Managers and HR.
This list is not exhaustive and the job holder may be required to undertake other duties.
Suitable candidates will need to demonstrate that they have the following key skills which will enable them to be effective in the role of Warehouse Supervisor:
- 3-5 years management experience within a warehouse environment
- Customer service experience
- Experience with stock management techniques
- Knowledge of warehouse health & safety legislation
- Operational methods and procedures relating to the logistics industry
- Flexibility in thinking and approach
- Thoroughness/attention to detail
- Raising others’ capability
- FLT Licence
In return for your passion, hard work and determination we offer:
- Free Fowler Welch Healthcare Cash Plan
- Free life insurance as a Fowler Welch employee equal to three times your basic salary.
- Competitive pension scheme
- ‘Cycle 2 Work’ Scheme – save up to 42% on the cost of a new bike and necessary equipment.
- Recognition schemes for our exceptional employees – monthly winners receive £100 of shopping vouchers.
Click APPLY NOW to #JoinOurWinningTeam and begin your career today
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.