Do you want beneficial technologies being shaped by your ideas? Whether in the areas of mobility solutions, consumer goods, industrial technology or energy and building technology – with us, you will have the chance to improve quality of life all across the globe. Welcome to Bosch.
- Afternoon Shift 12:00pm-8:30pm
- ***Schedule will change to 9 am to 5:30 pm summer of 2023***
- Hire, train, direct and mentor a self-directed Inventory control team.
- Consistently maintain energy, enthusiasm, and ambition to flourish within a team environment.
- Ability to foster strong relationships and collaborates with and customers regarding operational related topics.
- Drive employee engagement activities to foster improved work culture.
- Responsible for supporting HSE program and team safety.
- Ensure all KPI compliance for the warehouse.
- Oversee all warehouse services including receiving, storing, shipping, handling returned/damaged goods, maintenance, and administrative activities to ensure customer requirements are met in an efficient manner
- Keep teams up to date with daily operational issues, priorities, etc.
- Comply with all 6S, Quality, Health, Safety & Security programs to ensure the safety of all personnel, equipment, and property.
- Responsible of employee training to meet Bosch, ISO, and regulatory requirements.
- Strive for continuous improvements in all facets of warehouse operations.
- Prepare accurate and timely reports regarding warehouse operations.
- In collaboration with Warehouse Manager, keep warehouse supplies stocked and re-order when needed using cost-saving methods when available.
- Ensure productivity target is met through continuous improvement.
- Manage performance of all direct reports including.
- Ensure on going cross training of staff.
- Support and guide growth and development of direct reports.
- Ensure timely robust performance evaluations.
- Follow programs implemented to ensure the efficient and cost-effective operation and utilization of the facility.
- Own performance topics and consult with HR for guidance regarding complex issues.
- Ensure staff without computer / email access has access to important information (e.g., from HR, Management, etc.)
- Other duties as may be assigned.
- Experience with SAP based WMS.
- Experienced with SAP ERP.
- Strong problem-solving and organizational skills.
- Analytical, multi-tasking and critical thinking skills required.
- Available to work a flexible operations schedule including holidays, weekends, and evenings as needed.
- Available to work 100% physically at Bosch Mississauga DC.
- Strong customer service skills required.
- Able to read, write and understand English.
- Effective Communication Skills.
- Understanding key principles of inventory record keeping.
- Keyboard / Computer literacy and accuracy.
- Above average attention to detail.
- Intermediate knowledge of MS Office.
- 3-7+ years’ experience in Distribution Centre / Warehouse environment.
- 2-3+ years leadership / supervisory experience with 20-30+ direct reports.
- Managerial / direct experience with distribution center processes required (receiving, picking, packing, shipping, returns, value added processing and sub-assembly).
- Excellent understanding of warehouse operations and cost structures.
- knowledge of all applicable health and safety and employment standards legislation.
- Knowledge of company production systems required (document control, 6S, Lean or Six Sigma tools).
- Diploma/Degree in Business, Transportation, Logistics, or a related field preferred.
- Certification(s) in applicable material handling equipment is considered an asset.
- Lift, lower, push, pull all sizes of materials up to and more than 50 lbs.
- Build pallets.
- In the process of moving materials, the inventory control supervisor must lift, bend, stoop, reach, twist, push and pull.
By choice, we are committed to a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. Freud welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in the selection process.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.smartrecruiters.com.