Meat Cutter Job Description
Job Type: Regular
Location: Markham, Ontario, Canada
Position Type: Full time
Meat Cutter Job Responsibilities
- Cuts, platters, and merchandises products (beef, pork, lamb, veal, poultry).
- Prepares specialty meat merchandise (i.e. sausage, oven ready products, and cured meats).
- Checks product to make sure it meets WFM quality standards.
- Maintains sampling program.
- Monitors and assists in preventing spoilage.
- Mentors and supports assigned Meat Cutter Trainee(s).
- Arrives to work station on time, appropriately groomed, dressed and ready to work; works all scheduled shifts and attends required trainings and meetings.
- Provides excellent customer service, addresses needs of customers in a timely and effective manner and models suggestive selling techniques; answers phones and pages promptly and courteously.
- Maximizes sales potential through effective and proper procedures for prepping, storing, rotating, stocking, and merchandising product.
- Follows and complies, or ensures compliance, with established procedures, including Weights and Measures, health and sanitation, and safe work practices.
- Maintains, or ensures maintenance of, a clean and sanitary working and shopping environment; maintains equipment in accordance with WFM cleanliness and safety standards.
- Performs opening, mid, and closing duties as assigned; ensures accuracy of signs and pricing.
- Immediately reports safety hazards and violations.
- Performs other duties as assigned by store, regional, or national leadership.
- Working understanding of Meat team processes and procedures.
- Excellent cutting skills with the ability to bread product down into sub-primal and retail cuts.
- Extensive knowledge of different cuts and cooking techniques of meat and seafood.
- Ability to visually examine products for quality and freshness.
- Capable of accessing information about market conditions and communicating this information to customers.
- Strong to excellent communication skills and willingness to work as part of a team.
- Ability to deliver information in a clear and respectable manner to fellow Team Members, customers, and vendors.
- Ability to meet customer service expectations and standards in all interactions with customers, vendors, and Team Members.
- Ability to follow directions and procedures; effective time management and organization skills.
- Passion for natural foods and the mission of Whole Foods Market.
- Strong work ethic and ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a sense of urgency.
- Understanding of and compliance with WFM quality goals.
Experience for Meat Cutter Job
- 14+ months retail experience.
Physical Requirements/Working Conditions
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- In an 8-hour work day: standing/walking 6-8 hours.
- Hand use: single grasping, fine manipulation, pushing and pulling.
- Work requires the following motions: bending, twisting, squatting and reaching.
- Exposure to FDA approved cleaning chemicals.
- Exposure to temperatures: <32 degrees Fahrenheit (freezing), 32-40 degrees Fahrenheit (refrigerators), >90 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Ability to work in a wet and cold environment.
- Ability to handle knives and other cutting equipment.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays as needed.
- Ability to use tools and equipment, including box cutters, electric pallet jacks, and other heavy machinery.
Note: The purpose of this document is to provide a general summary of essential responsibilities for the position and is not meant as an exhaustive list. This document does not reflect all job duties or requirements for every position. Requirements build as one progresses through the job levels, so any job duties required at a lower level may be required at the higher level in addition to the duties listed for that higher level. Duties, assignments, and other responsibilities may differ for similar positions based on business conditions, departmental or geographic location, and/or needs for the particular position. An individual must demonstrate successful performance in their current position before being considered for promotion. In addition, in order to promote into a higher-level position, a business need for the promotion must exist and the candidate must be considered the most qualified person for the new position. Completion of certain milestones such as obtaining an advanced degree or certification, time in current position, or developing skills to perform at the higher-level role do not guarantee a promotion.
The Company is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, gender (including pregnancy), age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, or veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by law. If you require assistance or a reasonable accommodation in completing the application materials or any aspect of the application process, please contact the local Human Resources office at the worksite where you are applying for a position.
⚠️ NOTE: Once you click on the Apply Now Button you will be directed to the career page of concerned job provider, Our Jobs Information Portal & Facebook is not directly or indirectly involve in any stage of recruitment.
⚠️ Disclaimer: We are not taking any dollar from Job Seekers to getting Jobs Worldwide. We purely Monetize our Website Via Google Adsense.
⚠️ NOTE: we are not recruiters, instead we just sharing available jobs in worldwide
⚠️ Be careful – Don’t provide your bank or credit card details when applying for jobs. If you see something suspicious email us.