Like other Hyatt locations, business travellers and vacationers will enjoy a stress-free, high touch experience but unique to this hotel is the owners’ philosophy behind its construction and management: integration of comfort and earth-friendly technology.
Hyatt Place Ottawa West is being built using an energy-efficient construction technique called tilt-up; its energy is drawn from the earth and solar panels, and management will embrace sustainable practices such as avoiding single-use plastic. Located in Bells Corners, Hyatt Place Ottawa West is scheduled to open in May 2021.
The Overnight Porter assures the cleanliness of guest floor corridors, foyers, stairwells, and public vending areas, and assists with meeting room and breakfast set up during the overnight shift.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Stock linen closets with amenities and supplies for room attendants; may include taking supplies directly to room attendants.
- Clean and remove spots from corridor walls and doors. Polish and clean mirrors, room numbers on guest room doors, and elevator doors.
- Vacuum, sweep, and/or mop hallways, stairwells, vending areas, and foyers.
- Flip mattresses and move furniture as assigned by supervisor.
- Prepare meeting rooms for functions, including moving tables, chairs, etc.
- Perform opening duties for breakfast service.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must have the ability to communicate in English. French is helpful but not mandatory.
- Ability to lift, bend, stoop, walk, push or pull heavy equipment, and stand for extended periods of time. Lifting may include equipment or furniture weighing up to 100 lbs.
This position is at a location where Hyatt is not the employer. The employer of individuals working at this hotel may be a third-party management company that is responsible for all employment benefits and obligations at this location.
To apply for this job please visit recruiting.ultipro.com.