Government of Canada
Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners: Do you have experience and want to apply for one of the thousands of jobs in Canada’s agricultural, food processing or trucking, and transportation sectors? Well, you may be in luck!
Canada has made it easier and faster to apply for your visa to migrate to Canada by waiving minimum recruitment requirements for Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA) applications in this top-paying in demand unskilled occupations:
- Butchers, meat cutters and fishmongers-retail and wholesale (NOC 6331)
- Transport Truck Drivers (NOC 7511)
- Agricultural service contractors, farm supervisors and specialized livestock workers (NOC 8252)
- General Farm Workers (NOC 8431)
- Nursery and Greenhouse Workers (NOC 8432)
- Harvesting laborers (NOC 8611)
- Fish and seafood plant workers (NOC 9463)
- Laborers in food, beverage, and associated products processing (NOC 9617)
- Laborers in fish and seafood processing (NOC 9618)
- Industrial butchers and meat cutters, poultry preparers and related workers (NOC 9462)
Usually, employers have to advertise a position for approximately 3 months before they can consider employing foreign workers for the position, however, employers no longer have to do so due to the high demand for workers in these sectors. As an unskilled worker, you could stand to earn a salary of up to $77,903 per year!
Canada aims to invite 1 million newcomers to live and work in Canada by 2022 and has not shown any signs of slowing down, despite the COVID-19 pandemic putting an added strain on the country’s economy.
The Government continues to process Canadian visa applications and recognizes that immigrant workers are essential to help address the impact that the Coronavirus has had on its labor market.
Economists have predicted that the Canadian economy should bounce back after lockdown measures have subsided, which means it’s the perfect time to get your visa application in early.
Canada is extremely supportive of its citizens and permanent residents and has gone to extreme measures to protect temporary foreign workers against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Interested in getting started on your application? Don’t waste time or risk this great opportunity to turn your life around, for both you and your loved ones. That’s right. Even though Canada is on lockdown, as a primary applicant you can still sponsor your family to join you when you apply to live and work in Canada.
Canada has a wide variety of jobs available, so much so that the Government has dedicated specific Canadian immigration programs and systems to make it easier for unskilled foreign workers to live and work in Canada. Canada’s farming sector is one of the top labor sectors in Canada and invites roughly 60,000 foreign workers to migrate to Canada.
There are, however, still 15,000 jobs in Canada’s farming sector available that need to be filled mostly for Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners.
Read on to get more information on how to apply for the highest paying job vacancies for Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners in 2021.
How to Move to Canada Through the Temporary Foreign Worker Program
For unskilled and semi-skilled workers looking for jobs in Canada, the first option available is the Temporary Foreign Worker Program.
This can allow foreign workers to live and work in Canada on a temporary basis (usually 2 years). You can also apply for a new work permit or an extension on your existing permit. However, this depends on your employer and the job offer you have received. In order to be eligible for this visa, you must:
- Have written evidence of the job offer you have received by a Canadian employer
- Have an approved Labour Market Impact Assessment (LMIA). This is given to your employer by the Department of Employment and Social Development Canada.
- Show the immigration officer that you will be staying in Canada temporarily and will leave the country at the end of your employment period. You must also be able to convince the officer that you have reasons to return to your own country.
- Provide evidence that you meet the requirements of the job. This can include your previous work experience, job-specific training (2 years maximum), and educational requirements (usually a high school diploma).
- You must not have a criminal record and must be in good health.
- Make sure all documents are in English or French.
- Show that you do not pose a threat to the security of the country.
- Provide evidence of having a sufficient amount of funds for your stay in Canada.
Your employer will be responsible for the following:
- Applying for an LMIA
- Paying for your airfare (arrival and return costs)
- Providing assistance in finding suitable and affordable accommodations
- Providing temporary medical insurance coverage
- Getting you registered under a provincial workplace safety insurance plan
Immigration to Canada Under the Provincial Nominee Program
At present, there is no federal program that allows permanent residence to foreigners holding low or semi-skilled jobs in Canada.
However, depending on their requirements, you may qualify for residency under a Provincial Nominee Program hosted by a province in Canada. We will be discussing your options of immigration to Canada under the provincial nominee program is possible in two prominent provinces namely British Columbia and Ontario. These are:
1. How to Qualify Under the Entry Level and Semi-skilled Worker Category (British Columbia)
British Columbia offers permanent residency nominations under the entry-level and semi-skilled worker category of BC PNP. Professions include transportation, manufacturing, food and beverage, and hospitality. These nominations are given to provide assistance to Canadian employers in periods of critical labour shortages. Requirements include:
- You must have a valid work permit
- You must have a minimum work experience of 9 months in British Columbia
- You must have a valid job offer for full-time employment from an employer in British Columbia
- You must prove your proficiency in the English or French language at CLB Level 4 or higher (Canadian Language Benchmark).
- Your work experience must be relevant to the ELSS In-Demand Occupations. Currently, these include hotel front desk clerks, tour and travel guides, casino workers, outdoor sport and recreational guides, bartenders, and servers in restaurants.
If you meet these requirements, you can get your profile registered on the online immigration portal of the British Columbia Provincial Nominee Program (BC PNP). You will then be assigned a score and ranking. The highest-ranking candidates will receive an invitation to apply for residency. You can submit your completed residency application within 30 days after receiving the invitation.
If your application gets approved, you will be issued a provincial nomination for permanent residence. You will then have six months to submit your official application for permanent residency.
Currently, the fee for applying for permanent residency under this category is 700 Canadian dollars. You must also check whether your employer is eligible and willing to support your application for residency.
2. How to Qualify for the Northeast Pilot Project (British Columbia)
If you are considering immigration to Canada as an unskilled worker, then you can also check out the Northeast Pilot Project. This project operates under the Provincial Nominee Program of British Columbia.
If you have been employed as a low skilled or semi-skilled worker in British Columbia, then you can apply for this program. In order to qualify, you must:
- Be currently employed in the Northeast Development Region
- Have a secondary school certificate or occupation-specific training
- Not have a work permit under the federal Live-In Caregiver program
- Meet all requirements stipulated under the Entry Level and Semi-skilled Worker category
The jobs offered in this program include mine service workers, machine operations, heavy equipment operations, retail sales clerks, and more.
The Employer Job Offer: In-Demand Skills Stream (Ontario)
This program allows foreign workers who qualify for some specific, in-demand occupations to work and live permanently in Ontario. In order to apply for this program, you must:
- Have a job offer for a permanent, full-time position in Ontario.
- Have a minimum work experience of 9 months in Ontario (the experience must be relevant to the in-demand occupation)
- Be proficient in English or French (CLB level 4)
- Have a high school diploma
- Have funds to support yourself and your family members while living in Canada
- Show intention to stay in Ontario after getting permanent residency
The jobs offered in this program include truck drivers, heavy equipment operators, farmers, industrial butchers, and meat cutters, construction workers, nurse aides, home support workers, greenhouse workers, and commercial/residential servicemen.
How to Apply
So, below is only representative job positions are listed. There are several recruitment agencies in Canada that are providing a good consultancy for foreign job seekers as Unskilled workers. Here is a lit of Canada unskilled jobs vacancies for:
|Job Title||No. of Vacancies|
|General Farm Worker||670|
|Registered Practical Nurse (RPN)||230|
|Food Processing Worker||240|
|Food Counter Attendant||55|
|Bakery Production Worker||120|
|Poultry Farm Worker||290|
|Gas Station Worker||150|
|Cloth Factory Worker||780|
|Seasonal Farm Worker||1050|
|Crop Harvesting Worker||600|
You can Search and Apply for more Unskilled Jobs in Canada for Foreigners Here>>
Ready to find out how to take the next step? Click the “Apply for job” button below to see and apply for the latest Job Vacancies in Canada for foreigners, freshers, citizens etc from the government of Canada.
To apply for this job please visit latestjobopening.com.
Please help me i need awork in canada i am from afghanitan
I am from afghanistan i need awork in canada
Please help me
I am from afghanistan i need a work in canada
Please help me
I am Muntazir Momand
How can i help you
I”m Isaac Wolalon from West Africa Liberia, Bong county, Gbarnga City,. I want to live in Canada and be a caregiver of a person with disability or a caregiver of a Baby at a private home and I’m also a high school graduate with a diploma please help me to come over and work.Thanks I appreciate u alots and hope to hear from you.
I am subash thapa from Nepal. Now I am in Germany . I did my hotel management from nesfield international college from Nepal and I am interested to apply in canada for working
I am a men 44 years old i have 14 years experience in construction .i do all thing concern building.please accepte me i realy needs for this job thank you
I’m highly interesting in coming to Canada
Any Driver job in Canada
I have a United Arab Emirates Diving lisence
I am Ahmat Issa Kara from Chad.
I am an accountant and actually I am working as a Radio Operator and dispatcher.
I wany to apply any vacancy
I hope can migrate in canada please i need work
I am shop kepper
I need job apportunities
My name is Basheer ibraheem,
I have technical job experience in the preventive maintenance and Repairs on Deisel Generator engine. From 5kva to 1500kva of capacity
My name is lilibet Mavilla.willing to work canada.I’m massage therapist 13 yrs experience.I’m from manila Philippines.and I’m 40 yrs old my age,also single..I have a lots of skills like housekeeping.manicure and pedicure..pls help me.
I am Shankar Prasad Singh I want to come Canada for work. how can I come?
I have a done my bachelor’s degree i have 5 year’s experience in packaging and handler and store keeper i need to work in Canada I am from Pakistan
Good morning from Bangladesh. 47 years old elegeble any jobs in CANADA.
Welcome Sir Job Apply Canada Hari Par Loader Tailor Master fruit packing job
Please I won’t Canada job.pls help me
Goode i need goyen
I’m citizen of Nicaragua I have a lot to offer
Iam ronald iam interested at this job i have experience in many jobs so i will happy if you consider me
I have a great wish to immigrate to Canada as an unskilled worker in any field across Canada.please help
I need a job in Canada with LMIA
I am Md Arifuzzaman Khan (graduate), working at pharmaceutical company as area manager(sales&marketing) in Bangladesh. I have great wishes to work at abroad. I need a job anywhere in Canada ethical way. I expect a opportunity.
I want to apply to you to immigrate to Germany or America to work
I am Muhammad Muhammad Zaid Al-Hazeq from Yemen, I am 22 years old. I want to immigrate to you to work
Dear/Sir l am Anshan Nure from Ethiopia, I am well experienced regarding to Agricultural activities, more I graduated from 1st Generation University of Addis Ababa,Haramaya of Ethiopia,and studied Food Security and Development Studies (MSc), Agricultural Economics (BSc),and Plant Science (Diploma)…so what ever jobs related to my field of study should appropriate and appreciate me to effective acceptance opportunity in the given job.
Plz give me job i am sri lankan i have a skill job and factory job
I need a job pls thank you
Hi i need a job thankyou
Hi i need a job pls thankyou